The Toys That Made Us (Netflix)

I've tried watching them a few times but I keep getting the "something went wrong message, please try again later". I can watch anything else on Netflix but that.

They only have four up. I'm assuming the next four will come later?
Found this on SyFy

And the show will focus on some of our favorites, too, specifically toys from Star Wars, Barbie, G.I. Joe, He-Man, Transformers, Hello Kitty, Star Trek, and LEGO. Each episode will feature one particular toy.

IMDB shows Hello Kitty, Transformers, and Star Trek in 2018 with no dates. It also lists 9 episodes instead of 8.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched the Star Wars and GI Joe episodes tonight.

As a kid I had an EPIC GI Joe collection. In fact the only two items I didn't have from the original American Heroes line were the USS Flagg and the giant space shuttle thing they showed in the episode.

I really liked learning some little kniwn known facts about the toy line I loved as a kid. The story about why Snake Eyes was all black is just too cool.

Sadly I sold my entire collection back in 2015. I thought about keeping a few, but if I kept one I'd keep two, then three, then half the collection, then all of it...so all of it had to go. I do regret it, but it took up a ton of room...oh well, maybe one day I'll buy that USS Flagg to set up in the basement as a reminder of that collection I had...

I enjoyed this series, but since I nerd out over 80s toys a lot (I'm 42 for reference) there wasn't a lot of new info. Still, it was a fun watch, and I got to put some faces to names I'd read about.

I'm not a Transformers guy, but not covering that feels like a major omission. More episodes coming I wonder?

I enjoyed this series, but since I nerd out over 80s toys a lot (I'm 42 for reference) there wasn't a lot of new info. Still, it was a fun watch, and I got to put some faces to names I'd read about.

I'm not a Transformers guy, but not covering that feels like a major omission. More episodes coming I wonder?

well the theme song says 8 part series and there's only 4 episodes... so yeah, I'd give Vegas odds there's more coming and Transformers will be included.

well the theme song says 8 part series and there's only 4 episodes... so yeah, I'd give Vegas odds there's more coming and Transformers will be included.

Page 1 of this thread, guys. ;)

IMDB shows Hello Kitty, Transformers, and Star Trek in 2018 with no dates.

And Lego. The IMDB page is a bit of a mess.

Not gonna comment on your "not a Transformers guy" heresy. :behave

If they don't even mention Mego's, I won't be happy at all!

There are two POTA Megos front and center of the TV with the “retro Mego-Esque” figures in the left background. I LOVED Mego growing up but their real claim to fame was passing on Star Wars and subsequently going bankrupt with bad license purchases trying to play catch up. Don’t get me wrong, I still have Megos today, but I really can’t see them devoting an episode to them.

They will do MUCH more for sure. They will be picked up for future seasons and will most likely cover all the toys we love. They even update their Facebook page with shots of them working on future episodes. :)
Untitled-1.jpg

ALSO:

They have announced on the Facebook page that the next few episodes will drop IN A FEW MONTHS.

They said the next episodes will be:
- Legos
- Transformers
- Hello Kitty
- Star Trek!

Last edited:
I didn't know what Megos were, until I googled them.

Sure enough, I had Mr. Spock, Superman, Batman, and Spiderman when I was a kid.

Oh, and a shoebox of Micronauts. I didn't know Mego made those.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back