Rick Grimes screen accurate costume

The Levi's shirt as previously mentioned is worn the majority of season 8, the red tab on the pocket has been removed and the whole thing has been lightened and distressed. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171217/2f5d63407514da91ede427afe1ed2357.jpg

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

That shirt is definitely a Levi's Barstow shirt, but it's most definitely not black. I'd say the original is light blue and has received a dye job to darken/blacken it. If you look closely at several pictures you can see that the color of the stitch thread is light blue, and overall the shirt seems to have a washed out grey/black color with blueish undertone.
As for the black pearl snap button caps, you can easily order them online and replace the standard Levi's button caps with the black ones. You don't even need to change the studs as they should snap perfectly into the black button caps.

Rick_Grimes_Levis_shirt_1.jpgRick_Grimes_Levis_shirt_2.jpg

That shirt is definitely a Levi's Barstow shirt, but it's most definitely not black. I'd say the original is light blue and has received a dye job to darken/blacken it. If you look closely at several pictures you can see that the color of the stitch thread is light blue, and overall the shirt seems to have a washed out grey/black color with blueish undertone.
As for the black pearl snap button caps, you can easily order them online and replace the standard Levi's button caps with the black ones. You don't even need to change the studs as they should snap perfectly into the black button caps.

View attachment 780555View attachment 780556
I don't think the costume department would go as far as swapping out buttons on a shirt, It just doesn't seem like something they'd have to do, but if you believe the shirt may have been blue, I have found a blue version, with the same black buttons.
50b6a06e0a3a407b42e541e781704650.jpg
3822914f6844171f15cdfff71c6102b2.jpg

I don't think the costume department would go as far as swapping out buttons on a shirt, It just doesn't seem like something they'd have to do, but if you believe the shirt may have been blue, I have found a blue version, with the same black buttons. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171218/50b6a06e0a3a407b42e541e781704650.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171218/3822914f6844171f15cdfff71c6102b2.jpg

The costume department also didn't necessarily need to change the yoke pieces on the levi's tobacco field jacket of season 2-3 and yet they replaced the yoke pieces with corduroy for no apparent reason other than making it look different from the original jacket. Similar story with the UGG jacket and a few other shirts. I think the original color was much lighter blue. If you look at the pictures you can see the light blue color of the stitch thread on the chest pocket and on the sides of the shirt contrasting with the washed out darker color of the shirt itself.

The costume department also didn't necessarily need to change the yoke pieces on the levi's tobacco field jacket of season 2-3 and yet they replaced the yoke pieces with corduroy for no apparent reason other than making it look different from the original jacket. Similar story with the UGG jacket and a few other shirts. I think the original color was much lighter blue. If you look at the pictures you can see the light blue color of the stitch thread on the chest pocket and on the sides of the shirt contrasting with the washed out darker color of the shirt itself.
Very true, but at least the shirt is the accurate one. Color have yet to be found out. Also there is a gray version of it. See attached pictrues Mens - Levi s - LS Barstow Western Shirt - Fog Black Buy - fikq200k2lqf 2199_3.jpgMens - Levi s - LS Barstow Western Shirt - Fog Black Buy - fikq200k2lqf 2199_4.jpg

Have you looked at the different colours of the shirt that are available? Which do you believe to be the accurate colour?

I do like the look of that grey one, at this stage it's just so hard to tell, and with the discovery of new colour ways, the true colour is proving harder to find.

Anyway I have some pretty big news concerning another item that'll I'll reveal later on this week, until then here's the Ralph Lauren denim supply shirt previously discussed worn by Norman Reedus during San Diego comic con 2014
a5182d924d42a3e8aeddcdad6af69221.jpg
297d4bd5955969f03c7a4d4068fac1d2.jpg

Have you looked at the different colours of the shirt that are available? Which do you believe to be the accurate colour?

I think this one comes pretty close color wise:

s-l1600.jpg

The vertical grain/texture of the fabric also seem to match, especially if you take into account the picture Just A Dead Man just posted and one of the pictures I posted:
View attachment 781408

Rick_Grimes_Levis_shirt_2.jpg

HOWEVER, it's not the exact same shirt. On Rick's shirt you can see a fold line running horizontally on the chest pocket just underneath the snap button which doesn't seem to be present on the other shirt.

I do like the look of that grey one, at this stage it's just so hard to tell, and with the discovery of new colour ways, the true colour is proving harder to find.

Anyway I have some pretty big news concerning another item that'll I'll reveal later on this week, until then here's the Ralph Lauren denim supply shirt previously discussed worn by Norman Reedus during San Diego comic con 2014https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/a5182d924d42a3e8aeddcdad6af69221.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20171221/297d4bd5955969f03c7a4d4068fac1d2.jpg

Norman Reedus wearing the shirt that's been used on the show? LOL. I didn't know that.

View attachment 781408Remember that on the show they use a filter, so makes it even harder to find the right color. Best bet would be to look at behind the scenes photos

I'm not sure if they use a filter but even without a filter there are a lot of different lighting conditions (sunny weather, rainy, clouded etc.) that can change the look of a color. Your picture does seem to show the the washed out dark dye and the light blue undertone of the shirt.

Last edited:
Ohh no,i think i stumbled up on something. This is a Ralp Lauren shirt and this one also looks close . If anyone have more High res pictures of the one in the show please send. Ralkp.png

Ohh no,i think i stumbled up on something. This is a Ralp Lauren shirt and this one also looks close . If anyone have more High res pictures of the one in the show please send. View attachment 781755

Well yeah, but apart from the color the stitches running vertically at the center and around the shoulders/armholes are a bit closer to the edges on the levi's shirt. The shirt on the show is 100% a Levi's shirt. Here's a picture with the remnants of the red Levi's label clearly visible at the left chest pocket:
View attachment rick-grimes-is-on-an-empty-road-the-walking-dead-season-7-episod.jpg

Last edited:
Another screen accurate shirt found, the shirt worn in season 7 episode 12, "Say Yes" is a Ralph Lauren RRL denim shirt.

This shirt was also kept by Andrew Lincoln after the episode aired, he wore it to Walker Stalker Atlanta in 2016.
91db535f8fb393f042192c83e7dcc50a.jpg
8e021c36475287ba7573030955fa983d.jpg
7440e92f2f6ed69957bdad1f3766c547.jpg
8eeba21d7f28cb99f297ed7953386364.jpg

Where Rick’s gloves from season 4 episode 1 ever ID’ed? They look like standard yellow-ish leather work gloves but with a black strap around the wrist.

Rick's farming gloves from The Walking Dead Season 4 is the Cowhide gloves from "Wells Lamont" 1a2c8e649b1d8f900472ac449c4959a2---day-andrew-lincoln.jpg( I couldnt find a better picture atm as im on my laptop. If anynoe has a better picture please DM it to me and i will update it) His gloves are darker because quite obviously they have been used, it also looks like the little red thing has been cut off Rick's gloves.jpg

Strap? you mean the sling? That's simple. It's a one point bungee sling, google it and you will find it or Ebay. I'm not sure what rules you have for the gun, but i have a ful metal cyma mp5 exact name is Cyma "Cm.041B", might not be allowed in to cons though, not sure how the rules are for you guys. As an alternative for the axe pouch you can use the "Navy Nite Ize belt holster" ,

Edit: Make sure the sling fits the mp5 you are gettingView attachment 778352View attachment 778353View attachment 778354
The screen used hatchet holster is called a "husky holdall" it is very difficult to find, especially in the right blue!!!

The Bottom of the handle is sawed off, i dont know how much but i think its just above the insignia at the botom (which btw says Axe gang i think) I have sawed off the handle of mine and il post a picture of it later

Another custom shirt identified.
Rick's 'farming' shirt he wore during seasons 3 and 4.

The tag on the screen used shirt, as pictured below, simply reads 'RICK' and is not a brand label.
ecbde6b2e94e863a5a58e1baeaeebfe6.jpg
5a0c72806cb2f5c16e06c432c50b424c.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back