Rick Grimes screen accurate costume

After rewatching season 3 and 4, the shirt pictured above was not worn onscreen.

My thoughts is that it was custom made by costume designer Eulyn Womble*and never worn on screen. As it was never worn on screen, it'd make more sense why it would be released to sell, as it was never needed.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Just got the season 4 Wells Lamont gloves and love them! I have a pair of the Raiders of the Lost Ark gloves that were based off a Well Lamont glove that I’ve worn for years and love so these were a natural addition. Now I just have to use them enough to get them as distressed looking as Ricks.

I believe I've found the SA colour of Rick's Levi's shirt.

Thoughts?
3eeed6e9073fff122e9dad3ba9eea572.jpg
637e7b941511a7c13af54604c7068cb4.jpg
975f8a0573e8b8d0e042334ddfed5086.jpg

Sorry, forgot this was already discussed, although I do think it's the closest colour, or at least the most convincing I've seen

Although I don't think this is the shirt they used, I'd skip the hassle (especially the dyeing) and go for this or something similar instead as I believe the overall colors are pretty spot on already.

I don't know if Rick's tan western shirt was ever properly identified, I think I heard somewhere that it was a Ryan Michael shirt. Iv'e also heard it's from Wrangler, but personally the Levi's shirt looks the most promising.

View attachment 765402View attachment 765403

The Ryan Michael shirt
View attachment 765404

The Levi's

View attachment 765405

IDENTIFIED!

After nearly going blind staring at my reference pictures I noticed something about the shirt.
I always thought the strange shadowy lines in X pattern were maybe just cast shadows from the prison fence...
So I played with the contrasts and saturation and the pattern showed up.
This wasn't a solid color shirt at all but must have had the s*** bleached out of it...

But I finally identified the shirt...It is a LUCKY BRAND...which I just bought.

SEASON 3 PRISON SHIRT.jpg

SEASON 3 PRISON SHIRT.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And the promo photo was either washed out in the photo process or it was even more faded but I found 2 of the little diamonds again after playing with the contrast and colors to make them pop a little more, but they are almost all gone.

SEASON 3 PRISON SHIRT 2.jpg

View attachment 778398

Does anybody know the source of this shirt from season 2? I've been looking all over for it and haven't gotten anywhere with my searches.

I found this one, up on ebay right now but only in small...

The base color is wrong - it looks like just gray where the screen one looks more brownish with that one stripe looking almost rust colored.
But I would say that the plaid is the right pattern...
Salt Valley it is and like most or their shirts it probably comes in a more matching color than this one.

SEASON 2 FARM SHIRT.jpg

I just found a hi res photo to use for comparison...I'd say this is the pattern

SEASON 2 FARM SHIRTb.jpg

Last edited:
I found this one, up on ebay right now but only in small...

The base color is wrong - it looks like just gray where the screen one looks more brownish with that one stripe looking almost rust colored.
But I would say that the plaid is the right pattern...
Salt Valley it is and like most or their shirts it probably comes in a more matching color than this one.

View attachment 793141

I just found a hi res photo to use for comparison...I'd say this is the pattern

View attachment 793143
Is there a chance there is a nother colour way of this same shirt. No question it's the same pattern, I just can't see how they would have changed the colour of the shirt from grey to tan and added pink stripes.

They would have dyed the shirt to change the overall colour, but it's the pink stripes that throw me off a bit. I just can't see how they wouldv done that

IDENTIFIED!

After nearly going blind staring at my reference pictures I noticed something about the shirt.
I always thought the strange shadowy lines in X pattern were maybe just cast shadows from the prison fence...
This wasn't a solid color shirt at all but must have had the s*** bleached out of it...

View attachment 793129

And the promo photo was either washed out in the photo process or it was even more faded but I found 2 of the little diamonds again after playing with the contrast and colors to make them pop a little more, but they are almost all gone.

View attachment 793130

Wow, great find!

- - - Updated - - -

Is there a chance there is a nother colour way of this same shirt. No question it's the same pattern, I just can't see how they would have changed the colour of the shirt from grey to tan and added pink stripes.

They would have dyed the shirt to change the overall colour, but it's the pink stripes that throw me off a bit. I just can't see how they wouldv done that

Salt Valley has many shirts that uses a similar pattern with different colors to it. They certainly didn't add the red/pinkish stripes.

IDENTIFIED!

View attachment 793129
Holy ****, it’s crazy how they selected that shirt then essentially made it look completely unrecognizable from what it used to look like. You would think there’s countless shirts out there in that same sort of khaki tan color they could’ve used without altering.

Last edited:

Yes, I suspect there is probably a green or khaki based color with the narrow stripes in a darker brown or red that turn the SA color in the dying/fading process she uses. I will keep a look out!

Last edited:
Rick's new knife which he tok over from Carl in season 8 episode 9 is a CRKT ULTIMA. Picture attached is when Carl has it (Only high res picture i could find of it) and the CRKT ULTIMApicture1.pngpicture2.png

Rick's light blue shirt he wore towards the end of 'Say Yes' is a Ralph Lauren RRL micro houndstooth. The buttons have been swapped to match the button on the chest pocket.

A behind the scenes photo shows him wearing it, so we may see it again this season.
3c5ba39c23cf65005ef2d513bc11e557.jpg
f3a8a8f9036ee1a3ca632a98b19318d1.jpg
aa8ffeb657dca9026cdb1aa9aec0a88a.jpg
f3a3d6bc365b1e01aa03ae3d2de9e2d3.jpg
5782da10a26a4048c903290af49c68d2.jpg

If anyone has the SA Tex Shoemaker belt and holster or the SA Husky Holdall pouch to sell, I’d be interested purchasing. If you’re interested in a swap, I have a handful of SA shirts as well. Please feel free to message me!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back