La La land suit

zakass98

Okay guys loved la la land so putting together ryan goslings suit from the movie theatre scene. Please if anyone can find any of the original pieces or close replicas please add to this thread. Especially the black tie with white and orange detailing. any help?
Ryan-Gosling-On-Movie-Set-La-La-Land-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-TLO-5.jpg

They have them on display still at ARClight theater in hollywood. We are there once a week and i just saw this post but they are there as of today. i will grab pictures next time im there

That would be wonderful, I am also on the hunt for the "the black tie with white and orange detailing"

Perhaps someone could contact mary zophres the costume designer and ask or if someone visits the exhibit and could find the designers name for the tie if its a purchased one from a company. So far my research hasnt found a conclusion to where the tie can be purchased or made.

It looks like you have to settle for something similar...
Mary Zophres, the costume designer said in an interview, that thy made all his clothes from scratch.
"We made all of Ryan’s clothes. He wore pretty much one or two trousers the whole movie, and they showed off his feet. They were learning the dance moves, so why not? He had one dress shirt, a couple casual shirts and two or three blazers, that was it. I didn't think his character was informal enough to ever wear a T-shirt."

Here is the link to the interview - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ner-explains-retro-realistic-look-film-951231

She mentions the shoes he is wearing. The tie looks like it´s from the 60s, maybe that helps your search...

It looks like you have to settle for something similar...
Mary Zophres, the costume designer said in an interview, that thy made all his clothes from scratch.
"We made all of Ryan’s clothes. He wore pretty much one or two trousers the whole movie, and they showed off his feet. They were learning the dance moves, so why not? He had one dress shirt, a couple casual shirts and two or three blazers, that was it. I didn't think his character was informal enough to ever wear a T-shirt."

Here is the link to the interview - http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...ner-explains-retro-realistic-look-film-951231

She mentions the shoes he is wearing. The tie looks like it´s from the 60s, maybe that helps your search...

Yeah I've found the shoes they are the Nueva Epoca Buenos Aires leather from worldtone but can only be purchased in America and I'm from uk but like you say the suits are tailor made theres some great cheaper alternatives in stores like topman and asos in uk but for the tie I have found a vintage tie dealer who can custom make the same one. The beige/stone suit is like a wool fleck perhaps a little like tweed and the tie is a 1950s (late-1960s) style embroidered silk. For the trousers I have found some slim caramel wool trousers as an alternative.

Yeah joberg you are very correct late 50's but cannot find the exact tie made by any brand so perhaps it is custom but I don't know I doubt it myself. if its out there and someone knows please share.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back