Scrapped Darth Maul concept

jubbadee

I'm seriously considering putting the time and money into making this cosplay. Apparently this is a Darth maul concept scrapped from a game that was being made about him.
What do you guys think? Is this worthwhile? I'm not sure if i want to put the effort into working out and getting ripped or going with a dye sub shirt. I think working out would be better cause i wouldn't need to worry about the transition at the neck.

but I want to make this as bad ass as he looks in the pick. I am going to go big with this.

Any thoughts?
nC3U1Bv.jpg

Love it! (Of course I'm a big ST/ SW fan anyways.) In this picture Maul appears to have mechanical lower legs and feet, just judging by the figure proportions. Having a good physique will help with the proportions of the character. I would still recommend a body suit though because A) its easier to maintain / build / apply. and B) some people who use a lot of body paint (Vegas show girls) and such as required here, start to suffocate because of pore blockage... a few have even died. The famious "Golden Girl" in the James Bond film "Goldfinger" was only painted for those scenes and angles that showed on camera. Still they had to have a full up doctor accompany her from "paint On to paint Off". So care is advisable! But done right, it's going look cool !!!

Regards,
Chuck

I read that Maul survived his defeat from Obi-Wan, and they wrote this into the Clone Wars. If his bottom half was mechanical that would make it plausible. That costume is sick btw. Are you doing it?

Clone Wars was way before the Maul vs Obi fight where Maul died...

In the Clone Wars, Maul was still alive and all the mechanical stuff happened...

The concept art for this is definitely awesome, and if you like it enough to rock it as a costume, DEFINITELY do it..!!!! as for the working out part, much healthier.. haha.. dye sub it while you are building your body to not need the dye sub anymore.. haha... that will keep you motivated to build the costume.. if you wait til your body is in the condition to build it, you might lose motivation before you get there and never make the costume...

dooooiiiiiit....

Love it! (Of course I'm a big ST/ SW fan anyways.) some people who use a lot of body paint (Vegas show girls) and such as required here, start to suffocate because of pore blockage... a few have even died. The famious "Golden Girl" in the James Bond film "Goldfinger" was only painted for those scenes and angles that showed on camera. Still they had to have a full up doctor accompany her

Regards,
Chuck

modelcitizen smarty-pants say take this with a grain of salt as you do not breath through your skin. toxins can be absorbed through the skin, however. beware of urban legends but that cold feeling going up your veins when you get too much acetone on your hands is very real....

physique aside, I'd go with a stretchy shirt/suit over body paint, if for nothing more than not having to take the time to do the paint each time you wear it, you can layer it over other shirts if you want to wear it someplace cooler, and you won't loose to much; plus you won't have to worry about shedding paint on stuff all day.

Doing the makeup on the face and head takes effort each time already and you can't do it alone. Using an airbrush and masks with holes cut out helps a great deal. I know a girl who used to dress up as Darth Talon: body makeup took hours and paint chafed off in places on the body such as armpits and where she brushed against clothes and such even if the face was OK. There are more resilient types of body paints but those are alcohol-soluble which will dry your skin, so having moisturiser is important.

But by all means, do it! That variation of Darth Maul looks very cool!

This would be an awesome cosplay! As for the physique, while he seems very built in the concept art, Maul is not a huge dude. If you watch the episodes of clone wars with him in it he is certainly fit, but he's actually a relatively small guy.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back