The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Okay-- now I feel better!

That was the only thing that threw me!

Last edited:
Slide 63 "Wired" resin ROJ Luke - cast off the "V3" lightsaber. Several of these were made - some sleeved for use on the R2 air-cannon rig. Some not sleeved; used for the shot where Luke throws it down in the throne room, and tucked into the fabric belt when he swings off Jabba's barge.

My last question, does anyone know what "sleeved" means? :confused

Thanks to vader45 for this...

Vader ROTJ promo shot.

VROTJ11.jpg

While you can't make out much detail of the lightsaber, you can see two good ol MPP port holes... which the MoM/stunt/Faux hero does not have.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just found this (in SW archives plans and concept from JW Rinzler book), and it's the very first time that i saw it. Don't know if this is the case or if it has already been post in this thread.

Sorry for the poor quality, took it with my smartphone :)

It seems that in the dagobah cave scene (i think bts stunt scene ? because i never saw it even on a screencap), Mark Hamill used a stunt v2 like.

I really like the idea that it could be the anh Obi wan stunt, that became the rotj v2 :)

Also, the emitter seems to already have the scratched black paint.

Mark
928e092170b53df0bc48b2304087093a.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Nice!

There's lots of pics of the shared stunts being used during rehearsal in ESB, both on the Bespin set as well as pre-production. This is the first time I've seen it on Dagobah though!

That definitely looks like the V2's paint on the emitter face.

Last edited:
Wow, that’s in the Rinzler book? How have I not seen that?! Great find!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m stoked to hear that the textured tape was actually in place in preparation for Jedi. I had wondered about that after our lengthy discussion but seemed like a fools errand without greater access. What a cool revelation. Thanks for all the info, Brandon, et al.

Here is the larger color version of that photo that Brandon posted earlier. Is that the MPP plate on there or is that just something totally random?
2040B50A-B7AB-4A04-A090-ABD3E3F9DDBC.jpeg

Wow, that’s in the Rinzler book? How have I not seen that?! Great find!

The picture i posted is from this one.

I also have the third Rinzer's book about ANH/ESB/ROTJ, but didn't notice that.

After my post, i found the info that the obi wan shared stunt (incoming v2) was used many times BTS during ESB while stunt training. But it's the first time i can see it on stage (even if it looks like a preproduction scene)
6143b213334b6471d454299cacc50a3a.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G930F en utilisant Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back