The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

I wondered if there were any accurate plans for Luke’s ROTJ “hero” saber? The eBook only has blueprints for the V2 saber, or is this simply because we don’t have enough information about the hero prop to be able to put together any definitive materials?

I just wondered because I’m in the planning stages of a scratch build of this lightsaber, and it would be extremely helpful. If not, I can just use the V2 plans as a guide and make alterations to more suit the Hero as I go along (using the brilliant research in the eBook.)

Kind regards, The14thDr :D

The current idea right now is that the Hero/Yuma was a custom machined pieced based on a resin stunt of the V3 they had (either had on hand or had sent to them), made to match the details (color scheme included) that it sported then but had the nipple for the sword-stunt work. However, the most telling detail is the body section with the clamp, as seen here:

attachment.php

Being that it was a custom machined piece based on this, the measurements are different (I think the Yuma is a smaller than the Stunts) but you get the general idea.

Also, should this resin stunt be included in the photo reference of the "bible"?

Thank you PoopaPapaPalps! :) As you can see I’ve still got a lot to learn about all the different props, but the amount of research that goes on here is just phenomenal!

Question for the room--

The current guide is laid out in terms of narrative saber-- for example, I start with the Graflex since in theory it is the same saber from ROTS through TFA.

Do you guys like it organized in this way, or would you prefer I do it by movie? For example, all the ANH sabers, all the ESB sabers, etc.

I don’t know, I like the way it is now. But I can understand keeping them in order by each movie as well

I’m pretty much cool with anything you do because I know I won’t be disappointed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed. The way the book is laid out at the moment makes it much easier to read and search through.

A little off-topic, but I wonder if anything like this eBook exists for blaster props? Then again, I suppose with all of the different types of blaster, then the different variants, different versions of the props, etc, trying to compile all of that for the OT alone would be a mammoth task. If not, I’d love to get the ball rolling on a project like this, but I’m afraid my knowledge is severely limited. What does everyone think? Is this a good idea? If so I could perhaps start a new thread to discuss ideas and keep things on-topic over here.

Agreed. The way the book is laid out at the moment makes it much easier to read and search through.

A little off-topic, but I wonder if anything like this eBook exists for blaster props? Then again, I suppose with all of the different types of blaster, then the different variants, different versions of the props, etc, trying to compile all of that for the OT alone would be a mammoth task. If not, I’d love to get the ball rolling on a project like this, but I’m afraid my knowledge is severely limited. What does everyone think? Is this a good idea? If so I could perhaps start a new thread to discuss ideas and keep things on-topic over here.

I think it's a great idea. I don't have the same knowledge for blasters that I do for lightsabers, but if you wanted to write it and pool images together I'd be down to assemble it together as a companion book.

I think it's a great idea. I don't have the same knowledge for blasters that I do for lightsabers, but if you wanted to write it and pool images together I'd be down to assemble it together as a companion book.

I could probably manage it with some help. The blasters somehow seem much more numerous for some reason.

Just seeing all this for the first time (brand new member). Amazing work. Fantastic project. I'm really looking forward to seeing what new research goes into the updated version.

Oh, and Gold's question:
Which page has a working link to the .pdf?

I found the pdf on the homepage of WannaWanga.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back