The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Black paint of the V3? Went through Star Wars Screencaps last night and didn't see anything. There's like two good shots of that saber, and those are in SethS guide:D
And looking at this picture

View attachment 809410

there doesn't appear to be any on the "booster" section.

Now it's totally plausible that all the paint wore away. For instance, the V2 you can watch as it progressively loses more and more paint while filming. The deleted sandstorm scene, you can see it has quite a bit of paint. On the Emperor's chair, not so much. And when he catches it on the skiff, even less.

I’m telling ya, check out the duel scene on YouTube, star wars screen caps timing is off, U can see remnants of paint on the booster ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m telling ya, check out the duel scene on YouTube, star wars screen caps timing is off, U can see remnants of paint on the booster ;)

Can you point me to a particular part? I'm gonna launch iTunes and watch it........................just the duel.................not the whole movie...........;)

Can you point me to a particular part? I'm gonna launch iTunes and watch it........................just the duel.................not the whole movie...........;)

I’ll be back on a pc Sunday. I believe it’s before he jumps the cat walk... I think there is a scene with the falcon and then it cuts to Vader and Luke.

You have to look real good and slow mo pause it

You can see a few small patches of black spots

There is also some great pics of under the emitter and the neck

During the Vader duel I swear there’s more black paint on the emitter then there is the V2 lol

I was also under the impression this was a clamp-less v3...
021b07f47953ce74d57d2fc26070a42e.jpg

I’ll be back on a pc Sunday. I believe it’s before he jumps the cat walk... I think there is a scene with the falcon and then it cuts to Vader and Luke.

You have to look real good and slow mo pause it

You can see a few small patches of black spots

There is also some great pics of under the emitter and the neck

During the Vader duel I swear there’s more black paint on the emitter then there is the V2 lol

I was also under the impression this was a clamp-less v3...
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180413/021b07f47953ce74d57d2fc26070a42e.jpg

It could be the V3 considering it seems to use the basic dueling rod blade. Why couldn't it have been color?:angry One thing about the V3 is that even before it's repaint for the tours and such, it's got a fairly bright copper paint on the neck.

Hi Seth,

I signed up for this website because I wanted to thank you for your awesome lightsaber ebook. I'm a Star Wars fan who's been looking for a lightsaber prop that I could display and your book has proven to be an invaluable resource for discerning the differences among the Graflex saber across the Star Wars films. I wanted as accurate a TFA/TLJ "hero" version hilt with the longer grips as I could find, and thanks to your book I was able to learn all the visible differences from ESB and ANH. Happy to say I found one at a fair price that I just love.

On the other hand, your book has "ruined" the Disney Parks version of Rey's Lightsaber that I bought because now I can't unsee all the inaccuracies in their toy/replica-ish hilt. (How can the same company that has access to the original movie hilt put the control box at a 45 degree angle, place the circuit card upside down, and not go with a brass glass eye piece!? :facepalm ) But for the price, it's still a fun toy to have around the office and motivate my interns with. :p.

Thanks again for all your time, effort, love, and hard work that obviously goes into your book. Can't wait for future editions to learn even more.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be the V3 considering it seems to use the basic dueling rod blade. Why couldn't it have been color?:angry One thing about the V3 is that even before it's repaint for the tours and such, it's got a fairly bright copper paint on the neck.

Gonna throw these up for discussion. First one shows a pretty clean V3 (you can zoom in pretty far on this one when downloaded). Second shows what looks to be worn black paint on the emitter at least.
halliwax

Attachments

• A3Lx8urCMAACiKf.jpg
    A3Lx8urCMAACiKf.jpg
    468.8 KB · Views: 1,514
  • a384b43d.jpg
    a384b43d.jpg
    794.5 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
Gonna throw these up for discussion. First one shows a pretty clean V3 (you can zoom in pretty far on this one when downloaded). Second shows what looks to be worn black paint on the emitter at least.
@halliwax

Thanks for those pictures. I'm still not sold on the black paint on the emitter.:D

I think the V3 may have been refurbished, possibly only partially. The reason I believe this, is the clean "booster" section, the bright copper paint on the neck. Whereas the V2 has remnants of black paint on it, and the copper/aged brass looks to have been added over the black. I know some think the V3 may have black paint on it. But to me it looks like it beat, and scuffed up, much like how the Yuma looked in its stunt form.

I think the dust is settling on TLJ so Those new additions are done. I'm still holding though because there's rumors circulating about a potential lightsaber in Solo... so we shall see...

I think the dust is settling on TLJ so Those new additions are done. I'm still holding though because there's rumors circulating about a potential lightsaber in Solo... so we shall see...

Is that rumor from the spoiler at a launch bay? I’ve been avoiding spoilers, and read there is a huge spoiler at the Florida launch bay

Is that rumor from the spoiler at a launch bay? I’ve been avoiding spoilers, and read there is a huge spoiler at the Florida launch bay

I saw people grumbling about that, but I missed the spoiler and can't seem to locate it now. I'm going off something Korbanth revealed in his latest email blast, which is something I heard whispers of a couple months ago.

I saw people grumbling about that, but I missed the spoiler and can't seem to locate it now. I'm going off something Korbanth revealed in his latest email blast, which is something I heard whispers of a couple months ago.

Well that just made Solo a 100 times more interesting:D

Exactly if true... now I gotta go check out this film...

I got the korbanth email but had to miss it

My friend and I have been building a e11 for him the past couple of nights. I got to talking about this spoiler... he spoiled me by telling me LOL

It’s interesting.....

I kinda hope not true

My friend and I have been building a e11 for him the past couple of nights. I got to talking about this spoiler... he spoiled me by telling me LOL

It’s interesting.....

I kinda hope not true

Okay, you have to tell now.

Put in in spoiler tags. I must know.

Heh.... it’s a spoiler but it’s one of those spoilers that I wish I didn’t hear because I don’t want this in the movie... plus it’s ANOTHER change to prop...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back