The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

I originally only skimmed through this but have now gone back and began reading up on a couple of the sabers. Cudos Seth, great job. I'm now seeing a couple of details I have missed. The first one is the card under vaders bubble strip on the ESB.

I have heard that some have made pieces to go under the card. Are these available still?

The other was more of unfamiliar terminology used here as long grips and short grips when referencing the TFA saber. Now I know what that means. Cool! :lol

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but the caption of the Obi saber on page 49 says its from the Star Wars Chronicales Magazine. Chronicles was actually a very large hardcover book.

Not sure if anyone else mentioned it, but the caption of the Obi saber on page 49 says its from the Star Wars Chronicales Magazine. Chronicles was actually a very large hardcover book.
Chronicles is THE BEST Star Wars book ever. I hold it dear as one of my favorite prices of Star Wars merchandise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well that explains why I can never find a copy! Thanks!

I originally only skimmed through this but have now gone back and began reading up on a couple of the sabers. Cudos Seth, great job. I'm now seeing a couple of details I have missed. The first one is the card under vaders bubble strip on the ESB.
I have heard that some have made pieces to go under the card. Are these available still?

I don't know if anyone has ver made one before-- the builds I have seen around here with them are few and far between and they are original parts.

In fact-- we've just been talking about it the last couple days here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=272094

--and Slothfurnace his chimed in to say he'll do some up!

I've been off this site for a while now, but this is the kind of stuff that brings me back. I wish I could have caught this in it's early stages, as I would have loved to contribute. Great job Seth, and everyone else that had a hand in this!

I've been off this site for a while now, but this is the kind of stuff that brings me back. I wish I could have caught this in it's early stages, as I would have loved to contribute. Great job Seth, and everyone else that had a hand in this!

Ahaha-- the early stages was last week! I just knocked it out!

And yes! Welcome back! I was just thinking of and hoping all was well!

Well that explains why I can never find a copy! Thanks!

I don't know if anyone has ver made one before-- the builds I have seen around here with them are few and far between and they are original parts.

In fact-- we've just been talking about it the last couple days here:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=272094

--and Slothfurnace his chimed in to say he'll do some up!

This is great news!
I used to live on this board many years ago, but for the past 6 years ive only popped in occasionally and limited my invovlement in props due to real life issues that i needed to take care of.
Many discoveries made during those years which i missed out on and need to brush up on. :(
I just recently found out about the card under the bubble strip which came as a surprised considering the amount of research i used to do on the Vader sabers.

With the new SW films coming out Im trying to get back in the game.

SlothFurnaces new cards and your new book will come in handy for my next saber which will be a Vader ESB!!

Thanks again!!

Dear Seth,

since I registered here I was doing copy and paste of the most useful threads in the RPF, in order to collect them properly and to have reference fles, but Your work has definitely blown my mind!! My work was so time consuming It took a couple of Years and it was soo amateur You did it wonderfully!
Thank You so much for Your effort, this will be Our definitive reference bible!:thumbsup

Regards,

Alberto

Well thanks to this thread and a couple others, I went ahead and pre-ordered my Grayflex from the Grayflex shop.

Ohhh the wife may not understand....but she's getting a new car, so even trade!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I for one greatly appreciate what you've written here! Scouring old threads with missing pictures for tidbits of info is such a pain. I've often wondered why no-one maintains a site with comprehensive discoveries and references about this stuff (and other props). Actually I know why, it's because it's a pain. ;) But as a disorganized person it's great to have a bit of one stop shopping. Thank you!!

This is fantastic work. If I can ever get off my lazy ass I'd like to give back a little if I can in the form of a bound book to the authors. Please pm your address list of contributing writers photographers. Maybe a cover shot! Of course not for sale or real publication. Many thanks.

P.S. I'll let the RPF nitpick you for a month or 2 in the details as they're want to do that (ha ha) for the final copy.

Best

Mark
Sodacraft@icloud.com

Thank you, really-- but like I've said, I am very nervous about printing it because it makes it much easier to then be seen as an item that could be sold.

Also, there will never be a final version! Information is always coming out. I've already got a new version in the works!

It really is great to have a one-stop source--and a living, changing document--for lightsaberology. The PARTS OF SW site did a similar job, back in the day, but a heck of a lot of info has come out, since then, and it's great to see it all collected into a handy reference guide.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back