The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

The knurling on the vintage ones also varied as did the overall dimensions as they were all hand machined back then. I have a bunch of original Transcriptors parts and no two are exactly alike.

Correction. With some quick Googling, the company has been sold and the new owners now list the nuts on their parts page, bottom left:

http://www.transcriptorslimited.com/shop/

I believe you have to buy a set screw and insert it into these nuts, and then into the hole in the V2. Again, though, the modern knurling pattern on these is slightly different to what it was in the 80's. But if you want to be able to say your V2 has one of only a few "found" parts, it's an option.

It looks like they come in packages of 3. I just ordered a pack myself and will list the other two in the JY when they arrive.

Seth, your book says that the V2 grenade rings are even. Sundowner is saying in the V2 thread that they are uneven. Which is right?

AWESOME JOB SETH!

My constructive criticism would be to ask you to remove the hyphenated word paragraphing format (I've never found it easy to read books when they're printed that way). And to show the full length of the saber in the photo of Luke, Obi-wan, and George Lucas on Page 9. It would be nice to see all of it for comparison to the Hamill vs Price photo on Page 49. I'm putzing around with measuring those two photos and this one from Sym-Cha's Photobucket today to get an overall idea of how long lightsaber blades are...

1016460_794866540552520_8434333094618032355_n_zpsfc05c480.jpg

Looking forward to thoroughly reading through your e-book later!

Seth, your book says that the V2 grenade rings are even. Sundowner is saying in the V2 thread that they are uneven. Which is right?

A few people pointed this out so I corrected it. I was staring at MY V2 fro AS and those are even and I didn't think straight. It would seem, and the new pics agree, that both sabers have uneven rings-- but the V2s uneven-ness is more subdued. I'm seeing 2 maybe 3 sections as different sized, but they are slight. The V3/SS is all over the place and you can easily see it.

nice editions everyone! The turntable for the cone knob is a Michell Transcriptor turntable, and you can see one in a clockwork orange. I read somewhere the studio was down the street from the factory and they stopped over for a supply of spare parts to use as greeblies. This is also the source for those discs on the imperial hats/belts and the discs on the Merr Sonn, Greedo blaster, and possibly the circle on Han's ANH blaster (a greeblie that fell off, taking the paint with it)

A few people pointed this out so I corrected it. I was staring at MY V2 fro AS and those are even and I didn't think straight. It would seem, and the new pics agree, that both sabers have uneven rings-- but the V2s uneven-ness is more subdued. I'm seeing 2 maybe 3 sections as different sized, but they are slight. The V3/SS is all over the place and you can easily see it.

I believe it was mentioned that the rings are even but the black areas in between are not.

Btw, again, amazing book.

Are you planning on updating as more ideas come to mind?

There are at least two obiwan:
-the tunisia version, missing endcap on pommel and reversed grenade, the first ring of the grenade looks straight and very short, it is possible the grenade to be reversed, as romans suggested.
-We don't see clearly the other photos of the grenade on the emitter cone saber, so it can be possible to be the same saber, or another one.
-The second (or third?) is black in the emitter, I think it's the one we can see on black and white pictures, also visible in obis hands , the conical shape of the grenade frist ring is easy to see, and no cone in the emitter.

I believe it was mentioned that the rings are even but the black areas in between are not.
Are you planning on updating as more ideas come to mind?

Yes-- sorry. I've been using "rings" to define a space plus a ring together. I'll make that more clear.

And yes-- like I said, it's organic. I plan to updated it every few weeks as I have time so I don't fall into a partsofsw trap. I've already got a healthy list of corrections. If I did them as they came in I'd drive Roy insane with a new file every day. I'll bank up the corrections and hit them at once.

There are at least two obiwan:
-the tunisia version, missing endcap on pommel and reversed grenade, the first ring of the grenade looks straight and very short, it is possible the grenade to be reversed, as romans suggested.

Are there pics to support these? Like I said repeatedly, props are always made in multiples, so it would certainly make sense.

-The second (or third?) is black in the emitter, I think it's the one we can see on black and white pictures, also visible in obis hands , the conical shape of the grenade frist ring is easy to see, and no cone in the emitter.

Good catch!

You're getting an error for the firstlink, which is different than the one you quoted. Once it went live it moved over to wannawanga.com

refresh the link in my first post, or just go to wannawanga and click on it there.

You're getting an error for the firstlink, which is different than the one you quoted. Once it went live it moved over to wannawanga.com

refresh the link in my first post, or just go to wannawanga and click on it there.

Looks like it didn't update the hyperlink with the address (I assume) because when I click http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/SW_Lightsaber_Guide.1.16.17.pdf on your original post I still get sent to the first link.

Really odd, but I have it and I am going to kill the last bit of my shift reading it!

Thanks.

Sooo...

Not Found

The requested URL /nerdery/SW_Lightsaber_Guide.1.14.17.pdf was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I've re-edited the first post. Should work now....

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back