The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

...It's quite possible the Chronicles/Mechanismo lightsaber is another lightsaber entirely and cobbled up together after production had finished long before.

Chaïm

Different lightsabers is the reason for a Hales grenade being used for one build, yes?

Well done document!

typo on page 14: "With most of the the details left intact, and alan head screws used…" should be "allen."

Last edited by a moderator:
The upper grenade looks a bit more worn and pitted than the others. It might be the photo quality, but I think the grenade in the top picture might be a dud from the Iron Harvest, and the lower ones possibly being unfired surplus.

Excellent resource!

The ONLY saber I really know anything about is the Holiday Special saber - on p10 it states "It employs t-track for a grip, but the remainder of the partsare unknown". As far as I'm aware though, although all of the fan-made HS sabers have T-tracks for grips (including my own), the actual prop does NOT use T-tracks - it uses something much wider and flatter. But again, no-one has identified what they are.

I agree that tunisia obi and chronicles obi are likely to be different variants.
(It means that it is not just reassembly after filming)

Certainly we have been deceived in various screenshots and pictures for a long time in the research of lightsaber,
so we have to be careful about the quality of photograph or light source etc.
But It seems like the tunisia upper grenade is too pitted as a cause of quality of photo.

And I also think there is contradiction in the position of the two transistors.
It seems that the left transistor of chronicles is higher than that of tunisia.
(Possibility that the position is misaligned by a unseen large drilled hole on clamp still remains.)

OB1%20Chronicles%20vs%20Tunesiaoriginal_zpst5gpvov3.jpg

although it has nothing to do with it directly,
I have been worried about this treatment of saber in Tunisia.:cry
118c8becc7d8a5014127a3a0ff4ff3c0_c_zps8awodpwc.jpg

Last edited:
I think the washer missing just allows the transistor to be bent. So it's not sitting flush, and is bent up... not necessarily drilled in a different spot. Just from handling was misaligned.

However, it makes sense that they had enough parts to make more than one. Hell, we see the burner cans from the same engine all over the place. They definitely had access to at least a complete engine's worth of parts.

I think the Tunisia saber might have the grenade mounted upside down in some shots, and MIGHT be a different grenade, but even with the best photos, it's very hard to tell for sure.

I think the washer missing just allows the transistor to be bent. So it's not sitting flush, and is bent up... not necessarily drilled in a different spot. Just from handling was misaligned.

Oh, right! I haven't noticed that might be bent.

Of course, I'm not deciding, it is only presenting the possibilities.

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums...becc7d8a5014127a3a0ff4ff3c0_c_zps8awodpwc.jpg

Mark Hamill - "Come on Sir Alec, you know you can't spike the lightsaber - no matter how angry Mr. Lucas makes you. Just do the scene his way this one time, I know you can do it better your way, but, I mean...it's so cold down in this valley my nipples are gonna start showing through this karate shirt. Let's get this done and get back to the hotel where it's warm O.K.?" :lol

@gullwing , hopefully it was set down gently with kindness and was just being used as a position marker. Though, all kidding aside, if he ever did spike it, it would explain why it looks bent in some photos and why they had to wire it together.

I don't think we have to assume that the saber was dropped or mistreated from this picture. If you have assembled a steel saber, you'll know that these things way a bit. So, it makes sense that an older gentleman might want to take it off his belt between shots and place it on the ground when possible.

I agree that tunisia obi and chronicles obi are likely to be different variants.
(It means that it is not just reassembly after filming)

Certainly we have been deceived in various screenshots and pictures for a long time in the research of lightsaber,
so we have to be careful about the quality of photograph or light source etc.
But It seems like the tunisia upper grenade is too pitted as a cause of quality of photo.

And I also think there is contradiction in the position of the two transistors.
It seems that the left transistor of chronicles is higher than that of tunisia.
(Possibility that the position is misaligned by a unseen large drilled hole on clamp still remains.)

http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums...Chronicles vs Tunesiaoriginal_zpst5gpvov3.jpg

although it has nothing to do with it directly,
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums...becc7d8a5014127a3a0ff4ff3c0_c_zps8awodpwc.jpg

holy crap!! i have heard about this picture of the saber in the sand! I've never seen it before! thank you for sharing this!

I'm covered. I made mention that there were several resin copies of the Yuma. I'll just include the V3 into that.

shine.png

Saw this on my shelf... still thinking about that clamp... it seems shinier. I'm not seeing the engraved lines...

I'm really starting to think chrome tape was used to cover the entire clamp...

http://sethmsherwood.com/pretty/shine.png

Saw this on my shelf... still thinking about that clamp... it seems shinier. I'm not seeing the engraved lines...

I'm really starting to think chrome tape was used to cover the entire clamp...

nope... there is NO tape on that thing... anywhere. I promise. it's just traits of the earlier Folmer Graflexes. They were typically shinier in finish.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back