The Ultimate Guide to Lightsabers eBook

Here is an extreme negative with upped contrast to hopefully show what I'm seeing better. the odd thing is that there appear to be two lines going around the clao from the lever, like a strip of tape ala ESB, however they appear to be higher up the clamp than the graflex logo, not down the center, which makes no sense.

Screen Shot 2016-09-08 at 9.54.20 AM.jpg

Here is an extreme negative with upped contrast to hopefully show what I'm seeing better. the odd thing is that there appear to be two lines going around the clao from the lever, like a strip of tape ala ESB, however they appear to be higher up the clamp than the graflex logo, not down the center, which makes no sense.

View attachment 703164
Exactly what I'm saying. Only in this pic it looks to be the width of the tape on the ranch Saber but smooth just like the hero tape in ESB:
60e4ec3b118c98971264b1fdfe63bf9a.jpg

I edited it quit a bit but you can clearly see the division lines where the height difference is between the tape and the clamp.. look at the thin white line towards the middle of the clamp. That is the division point between tape and clamp.

You can sand down the finish on the tape to give it a brushed finish.It's possible they did that, it would also even out the airbubbles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay everybody--

Here is the first update!

http://sethmsherwood.com/OMGSECRET/SW_Lightsaber_Guide.2.6.17.pdf

This is the draft that you can all look at to judge, complain about, or correct before I hand it over to Roy to up on wannawanga.

Changes include:

-- a typo and grammar pass (probably didn't catch it all)

-- The Luke V2, V3, Obi-Wan hero, Vader ESB hero, and Luke ESB stunt pages have been updated

-- PCB card details have been added to, now including the Vader Exactra PCB info

-- several new images have been added through out

-- due to constant complaints from icky PT fans ;) a ROTS page has been added

Apologies if this is the wrong place, I just thought I would get the quickest response here. I am fixing to do some cutting on my grips from Roy for my ANH saber. I know the edges are cut at a 30 degree angle, but does the cut go all the way down, or does the cut stop at the base of track? Thanks!

I have finished translating this guide to Japanese!

http://lightsaber.s17.xrea.com/lightsaber/column/guide/SW_Lightsaber_Guide._jp.pdf

Thanks Seth, I carefully read. It is wonderful. There were various things I did not know.

There are some questions.

1.Grip measurements for Maz Box graflex,
You say "... The grips start at the clamp, and stop 5mm short of the
base of the saber."
But in the blueprint by Roy Gisling, it have 3.5mm gap from clamp and 4.5mm short from the bottom.
It seems to my eyes that Roy's theory is closer in Maz box shot,
especially in terms of the gap between the clamp and the grip.

2.Although it's a small point, You wrote that the "Grenade" of Obi-wan ANH, No.3 Mk1 rifle grenade was started production in 1916,
But Martin Hales started production of it in 1915, and the production has ended due to some disadvantages within the year.

3.No.3 Mk1 is not RPG(Rocket-Propelled Grenade in english. Ruchnoy Protivotankobyy Granatomyot in russia, means portable type anti-tank grenade launcher).
That was antipersonnel weapon for trench warfare, launched simply by combustion pressure of blank cartridge.
I also agree that is a very crude weapon.

4.Is there any other obi-wan ANH image that can confirm the presence or absence of the armitage end cap except the photograph of tatooine?
I have only seen images from the side or from the emitter side, so I think that there's a possibility all obi-wan ANH hero have no end cap.

5."Shooting the ISYHCANL insert shot" in refference gallery, this saber has a duel blade.
Is this not ISYHCANL in itself? Just saying that this picture was taken when ISYHCANL was filmed?

I have finished translating this guide to Japanese!

http://lightsaber.s17.xrea.com/lightsaber/column/guide/SW_Lightsaber_Guide._jp.pdf

Thanks Seth, I carefully read. It is wonderful. There were various things I did not know.

There are some questions.

1.Grip measurements for Maz Box graflex,
You say "... The grips start at the clamp, and stop 5mm short of the
base of the saber."
But in the blueprint by Roy Gisling, it have 3.5mm gap from clamp and 4.5mm short from the bottom.
It seems to my eyes that Roy's theory is closer in Maz box shot,
especially in terms of the gap between the clamp and the grip.

2.Although it's a small point, You wrote that the "Grenade" of Obi-wan ANH, No.3 Mk1 rifle grenade was started production in 1916,
But Martin Hales started production of it in 1915, and the production has ended due to some disadvantages within the year.

3.No.3 Mk1 is not RPG(Rocket-Propelled Grenade in english. Ruchnoy Protivotankobyy Granatomyot in russia, means portable type anti-tank grenade launcher).
That was antipersonnel weapon for trench warfare, launched simply by combustion pressure of blank cartridge.
I also agree that is a very crude weapon.

4.Is there any other obi-wan ANH image that can confirm the presence or absence of the armitage end cap except the photograph of tatooine?
I have only seen images from the side or from the emitter side, so I think that there's a possibility all obi-wan ANH hero have no end cap.

5."Shooting the ISYHCANL insert shot" in refference gallery, this saber has a duel blade.
Is this not ISYHCANL in itself? Just saying that this picture was taken when ISYHCANL was filmed?

Awesome job! I can't read it, but it's cool to see!

1. Trust Roy, not me. I'll probably correct mine to match.

2. I've seen both dates, I'll probably reword it to be more generic.

3. I wasn't literally saying it was an RPG, just making a WWI comparison for the description.

4. I haven't seen one-- but people, like Sym-Cha, who are trustworthy and a proven source of solid info have seen such an image.

5. Even if there wasn't a duel, the rod was still used as a guide for rotoscoping, and the saber is on in that scene, even if the angle is close. It makes sense they'd have it in there. The fact it is a stand-in and we know the insert shot of the ISYHCANL in Vader's hands was a pick-up shot back in Cali, it's pretty safe to assume that's what this is.

Thanks for answering in details, I understand very well.
I try to translate this so that content you mean is not change.

I was very careless, I forgot that the ISYHCANL is on at that time.:facepalm

I looking forward to your update.

4. I haven't seen one-- but people, like Sym-Cha, who are trustworthy and a proven source of solid info have seen such an image.

These are the only pictures rather close up and available of OB1's ANH lightsaber I have found and indeed it's hard to tell whether the endcap is still there after filming :wacko

Chaïm

Indeed and you most clearly can see the pommel cubes in the first picture are in the original configuration not turned 180º as seen in the middle and last picture ... also the transistors still have both their washers and there are no cotter pins attaching the booster to the pommel either. It's quite possible the Chronicles/Mechanismo lightsaber is another lightsaber entirely and cobbled up together after production had finished long before.

Chaïm

Look at the grenade cubes, they look more rounded and not as sharp as the Mechanismo pic.
The top ring of the grenade also looks round instead if sharp.
The wire that holds the booster is also missing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back