My DeAgo Falcon

Real Scooby

The Falcon saw release in Jan 16 over here in ( Germany - Austria region ), so at the very moment we are halfway through the build.
Although I am pretty impressed with all those custom 3Dprinted parts and etched sets, I keep it to an OOB-build. The whole kit on its own is expansive enough, and altough I am painting the interiors too, I plan to show off the finished piece with the hull closed. Only the extra light-sets out there are tempting, but me and everything electric is like ...ugh :)

Here some progress pics so far

As with my Bandai, again I only use standard acryls and handpainting. I never was able to get any Tamiya AS-20 so I found my own mix for the base color. I simply use "Cappucino" as base color, which make it look pretty strange and yellowish at first..

037_2_.jpg

... but after a added black-wash...
045_5_.jpg

...and a layer of "cappucino"-drybrush...
049_2_1.jpg

...Perfect, IMO :) :)

the interiors
029510.jpg029410.jpg029310.jpg029210.jpg029110.jpg005_5_.jpg045110.jpg

Just started detailing a few days ago
045210.jpg20170111_231043.jpg

any link to ILM archive photos would be appreciated here ;)

more to follow.

ATTENTION !!
Feel free to post any kind of feedback, pro or contra or what else, but keep photos of YOUR items out of MY showroom**THX

Last edited:
Have you seen the images coming from the Chronicles book released in Japan?

I blacked in the background on the top image:

32" Top Chronicles.jpg

32" bottom.jpg

J

Continued painting the belly today. Turret-section finished

20170216_235009.jpg

Next step will be the right-side "smaller scar quarter" ;)

Last edited:
testing the ramp

[video]https://www.facebook.com/peter.schuster.980/videos/1337308266314787/[/video]

hmmmmm... doesn´t close 100% , is there a way to finetune ?

Section "right-front-gear-box-quarter" finished. Refpics for this area are pretty rare and hard to find, and in most cases very blurry or way overlighted, so I was working with just a scan of a page from the Chronicles book, showing the full belly.

20170225_220835.jpg

Now just the "jaw" left, will do this the coming days, then I´ll take a break from painting until the top-hull is finished :p :) ;)

"jaw" finished at last

053i.jpg

and now, ladies and gentlemen, behold the finished ( for now ) belly

053j.jpg053k.jpg053l.jpg

Pretty satisfied how it turned out, as I really was worried to mess it up :) Need to darken the yellow panel on the ramp a little ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back