My DeAgo Falcon

Little Update up to issue #69

Upper frame finished and batterybox installed

065a.jpg

collected hull-parts up to #65
due being a little glumsy, I had to re-order issue #2, 5, 6 for a new turret and cockpit :p

065b.jpg

#66 - 69 arrived today, so todays work:
*engine cover assembled
*3 recesses assembled
*rearranged the window frame on the replacement turret
*replacement cockpit assembled ( will insert the interior when I primed and blackwashed everything, maybe even coming weekend )

20170510_213802.jpg

Issues #70 - 73 arrived this week

* removeable jaw section assembled
* sensor dish assembled
* all upper hull parts primed and main color panels ( grey and red ) added. All the othe panels ( light grey, yellow... ) wiil be added during weathering

073a.jpg20170609_2032501.jpg

Next steps the next days: black wash everthing, install to the frame, start weathering

Attachments

• 073b.jpg
    073b.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 224
Last edited:
Continued a little on the Falcon

* weathered up and mounted the pits
* assembled the cockpit
* dry-brushed the hull with my main color. I didn´t bother about the engine cover yet. I might do the detailweathering to the rest of the hull first before I concentrate on the engine area.

20170619_1934331.jpg20170619_1922131.jpg

After a really long break, I finaly found enough motivation to continue on the Falcon and started with detail-weathering on the upper hull. After 4 hours the right hand back quarter is finished so far.

20170812_202214.jpg

Unfortunatly I had to quit earlier as expected, due almost all of my current brushes are literally dead :) Need to pick up a new set the coming days.
So section finished minus cockpit and tube

073l.jpg

At last, the cockpit is finished so far :)
073n.jpg073o.jpg073p.jpg073q.jpg

and here it is, my finished upper hull :) :) ... so far
As mentioned somewhere earlier, I will do the engine cover later when the first plant-on parts start to arrive. The sensordish will be done later too, when both shells are combined and I don´t need to put the upper one on the support structure anymore.

073r.jpg

Next step: I will start building the first of the mantibles

Last edited:
And here we have my latest update :)

Just finished building and priming the starboard mandible. Headlight installed and it works :) Looks a little blue-ish on the picture but its less blue in reallity
I have to check for some more reference material first before I start weathering the mandible.

081a.jpg

And here we have my current progress up to issue #81

081b.jpg

Last edited:
uhm yeah, just noticed too and I dont really know whats happening here ..

EDIT: fixed, should show up now ;)

Last edited:
Your weathering job is looking absolutely beautiful. One of the best I've seen. Like it's been said for years, the paint/weathering is what really sells the falcon, regardless of the accuracy. I am really loving your falcon so far.

Latest delivery arrived up to #89

Mantibles main build finished

089a.jpg

Interrior and electrics installed

089b.jpg

Checking the lights. Landing light, turret and engine
089c.jpg089d.jpg

Just curious, to cover the dark spot in the middle of the engine, would it work to cover the complete area around the light with silver electics tape ?

Will start painting the mantibles the coming days ;)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back