Romans graflex group ideas

Those look great!
As far as drilling into the real GRAFLEX... since you've already glued your t-tracks onto it, you might as well. You really aren't hurting it.

I still haven't had the heart to drill the bottom of the authentic for the D-ring though...

Being in the conservative camp when it comes to vintage parts, I'd recommend not drilling a vintage bottom. These things are getting so valuable nowadays, that I can't imagine what it will be like in another 10-20 years. I remember when Ebay first started and you could find excellent condition Graflex 3-cells on there for $100-$130. Nowadays, a vintage bottom alone can go for over $300--even more if it has the ESB wampa cave "NEW YORK" roll mark.

You can get a replica bottom from TGS or Roman for $55. Why not get one of those and drill that and keep the vintage one intact to preserve its value?

Is it more valuable to you as a camera flash or a lightsaber? If the answer is camera flash, you may be on the wrong forum.

Drill it.

Is it more valuable to you as a camera flash or a lightsaber? If the answer is camera flash, you may be on the wrong forum.

Exactly.

They're worth about $20 as a camera flash. All the value comes from Star Wars, as a lightsaber. So anyone else who wants it the future will pay top dollar if it's drilled properly. That said, if it's only ever going to sit on a shelf (perfectly great idea), the bottom can obviously be attached in a non-permanent way with some 3M VHB tape, etc.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back