Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 7/25/17

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/8/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - After sanding I went back in with apoxie sculpt and filled in the low spots on the face plate and any issues with the ornamental details

AOOyGvqh.jpg

rq1MgsSh.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/10/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - How about a little red primer pic for Valentines Day. After a couple of sanding passes the helmet is considerably smoother. However I am not taking out all of the imperfections because I still want that hand forged look.

Rcg28Osh.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/14/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - I received a question the other day concerning the horns and how they were cast. To keep the weight down I rotocast them in the mold with some 65D and back filled them with smooth-on expanding foam. This made the final casts very light but extremely rigid.

Urg0EAAh.jpg

Urg0EAAh.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/14/17

TFS with us your tuto concerning the horn (good to know).:) You're right to keep the helmet that way, makes it more real (the forged by hand look).

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/15/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - Shot of the inside of the helmet showing how the horns are flush mount and don't stick into the helmet cavity

3wUsWgTh.jpg

Decided to go back and work on the mouthpiece. I really wanted more of a curve to it going up under the nose bridge and rounding out underneath the chin. The horizontal slats were given a polish as well to make them as smooth as possible.

5R7oeYFh.jpg

Applied the last coat of primer and wet sanded the surface. This helmet is now ready for the final mold to be applied.

LofirvBh.jpg

HH326Mrh.jpg

w0P1Xxth.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/16/17

Loving it. Just wish the bottom around the back flared out more like these.

SMBOd3oh.jpg

Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/16/17

Loving it. Just wish the bottom around the back flared out more like these.

Originally I mocked it up with that as an option but it wasn't practical in the real world. Works fine on a statue that doesn't move but the anatomy is way off. Look at how long the statues neck would have to be for it to work properly. When I mocked up my version and put it on I had no way to tilt my head from side to side.
Not saying I'm right or wrong just one of the artistic choices I had to make when bringing this helm to life.

Last edited:
Re: Frank Frazetta's Death Dealer SKS Props - Updated 2/22/17

Frazetta Death Dealer Helmet - Ok it's time to get some paint on this bucket. Started off with a little auto self etching primer then some Krylon flat black.

twBZoWah.jpg

w3DOJJrh.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back