Has anyone tried 3D printing an Endoskeleton? Please discuss

So how does one find a modeler capable of completing the task?
Let's see what cavx reports back. :)

I have had a quick chat to the guy on FB Messenger now and he said he is interested in taking a look at this. Don't expect this for free though.

Now whilst he is a hobbyist in this whole 3D printing, he is also a fully qualified industrial designer and I have used his services for projects of my own (including the BTTF2 Tube Bag I am going to be doing a run of soon).

3D printing made sense to him because of the ability to rapid prototype stuff and as he said, there is no way currently to make hollow parts that are both strong and light. You can't machine a part that way.

The last time I visited him, he was redesigning parts for his own 3D printer that he felt needed improvements. As he still learning about his printer, he took files from Thinyverse and printed the parts he needed. I noticed he was not 100% happy with the way some fitted (but not exact) and I just know he will redesign these and make better versions.

So a project like Terminator will be something he will be particular about. He is at work right now, so I will probably having a phone chat with him later tonight.

What reference material do we have on this?

Yes, that's the program I was referring to.

- - - Updated - - -

I googled and came up with 3DS max from Autodesk. Is that the same? The description reads: 3D modeling, animation, and rendering software for games and design visualization.

Yeppers

3DS Max:

[h=3]1 Year[/h]
[h=3]$1,470.00[/h]

Holy Poop! I can't buy a program, I can only rent it? It could take me a year to learn the program, and then I get to pay $1.K all over again? Ouch!

Blender is free.

Unfortunately, 3DS Max (.max) files are proprietary and can't be opened by other 3D programs. Other file formats (.obj, .dxf, .stl) can be imported into almost any 3D program.

Let's see what cavx reports back. :)

My guy has no real interest in making any props. For him, an articulate T-800 endo is simply about making working parts, that is it.

His concern is, if he makes the files, how does he get paid? This is what he does for a living, so no chance he'll do this for free. As he said, even if he charges for one file, how does he stops other fro sharing it?

If we can agree to work around that, I am sure he'd have no problem doing them.

My guy has no real interest in making any props. For him, an articulate T-800 endo is simply about making working parts, that is it.

His concern is, if he makes the files, how does he get paid? This is what he does for a living, so no chance he'll do this for free. As he said, even if he charges for one file, how does he stops other fro sharing it?

If we can agree to work around that, I am sure he'd have no problem doing them.

I can't argue with that. I don't have an answer to that. I don't know how other designers do it. I would think it would be a protected work of art and a non-transfer agreement goes with each purchase? Then again, you are in another continent, so this means?

If it were a simple project, everyone would be doing it.

I can't argue with that. I don't have an answer to that. I don't know how other designers do it. I would think it would be a protected work of art and a non-transfer agreement goes with each purchase? Then again, you are in another continent, so this means?

If it were a simple project, everyone would be doing it.
Exactly. Time is money and his skill set is very unique. Lots of guys can print, but how many can draw?

Not only that, but his 3D printed parts now DO NOT have visible print lines so if he was to print master parts that could be molded and cast, his attention to detail would be above the bar.

I am not sure how many people know about what he has done to achieve the finish he is getting, but his process completely eliminstes the need to sand or smooth the final part.

On a scale of 1 to 10 in the fussyness of his work, I give him an 11.

I am trying to convince him to draw and print the skull with both a movable jaw and removable chip port.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Do you know what printer he is using?

I had a quick look at the Endo Builders Club but nothing leapt out at me.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

terminatorbicep.jpg

this was drawn for me and I was asked to provide comment. This doesn't look right to me at these angles and I can't view the top.

I also realize that I do not know the correct dimensions. can I get some help? what say you?

I think the elbow joint should have two discs of equal thickness. the outside disc looks thin and has

At the very bottom of the sign-in is a link "continue without creating an account". That takes you right to the file download. :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back