What should I do if a seller is not responding?

VaultDweller

I commissioned a prop from a seller (I don't think I should name them yet) in December of 2015. They told me that I would receive the prop in February of 2016. The prop never arrived and I didn't hear from them, so I messaged them. He told me that he was busy and that my prop would be done "next week". Over the course of a few months he gave me that same excuse about 5 times. Then about 2 months ago he stopped responding to the emails I send him. I'm not sure what I should do.

How much money has been given to this prop maker? how did you pay? just two questions I have so far...

You're past ANY kind of buyer protection. If it was on this board, the Mods can place some amount of pressure on the person. If it was on another board, you would need to get THEM involved. If this is a random person not associated with a website, there is no options other than contacting them directly and hoping they eventually come through.

No communication for two months. If he's a member here out him so some other person doesn't fall for It. good rule of thumb not to let the paypal time run out no matter what...

So it was going to take at least a year to get the prop made?....Geez that's a long time...and it's essentially almost been 2 years since the order was placed?

Your money is gone.

You could exact some pressure through the internet, shaming etc....but if they have no intention of providing the prop (2 years later) and no desire in communication, then it's probably over.

His cat probably died on the same day he lost his job and his car was stolen....it's usually something like that.

I think after 2 years its time to name and shame. I assume you have the previous emails to hand so they can hardly deny it. Naming them might bring out other people with similar problems that are still hoping to get what they've paid for.

It's been just over a year since the order was placed. I ordered it in December of 2015, and it was supposed to be done 3 months later in February of 2016.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back