The Clone Wars Appreciation Thread

I really enjoy enjoyed Clone Wars, although I was disappointed at how it ultimately ended.

Sean
I think that in a way, it was a blessing the way it ended. Ashoka got the best arc of the series, and they got to look at both the order 66 clone issues as well as the master syfi-dias/force ghost story. And Yoda essentially, got a great duel with palatine.

But ultimately, it left so many open ended stories that Disney will have the opportunity to continue them. And it seems like they are.

As much as I dont want to see this on rebels, it looks like we will finally get to see maul track down Kenobi. How sweet is that?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I JUST finished binge-watching "The Clone Wars". I confess, for too many years I was concerned about this not being "Star Wars" enough, but after finding out far too often what that feeling truly means recently from the films, I am glad to say I dove in, because I found TCW incredibly fulfilling; from nail-biting to outright tear-jerking.

I didn't pop in to do a review or anything, but I do have a question: I'm totally okay with leaving something dark and sad and open-ended (as the series finale was). So on that note, is it imperative that I watch "The Lost Missions" episodes? I worry that as a contrivance and not part of the greater whole, that whatever answers and tie-ups it provides may not be worth any possible lack of tonal and emotional continuity.

I know Ahsoka ends up in "Rebels", but as I'm not sure I can continue watching that show anymore, I'm okay not considering it canon, and thus leaving her future as a big question mark. I'm also super into Ventress; and though I understand her death is canon, I don't know if it's shown in TLM (or if it's done well), so there is a conundrum there for me as well.

So, I guess I'm asking, for those of you that loved TCW 1-5, do you see "The Lost Missions" as an OH MY GOD I'M SO GLAD THEY DID THAT I FEEL COMPLETE NOW or simply a means to wrap things up in a nice, pretty bow?

Again, I don't necessarily need my Star Wars to be happy, nor even fun; I need it to resonate emotionally. Will "The Lost Missions" addeth, or taketh away, from that part of TCW's appeal? And please, no TLM spoilers, if you can avoid it!

Thanks!

I think the remaining arcs are fairly important. The near-discovery of the Order 66 conditioning, Yoda discovering Force-ghosting from Qui-gon, why and how Ahsoka leaves the Jedi... Not to mention the arcs that had to get finished in other formats. The novel Dark disciple, which wraps up Ventress' arc. Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir, which moves him forward from where we last see him in the series...

And you may not consider Rebels canon, but it is. It has impacted the films and will continue to. Just as Clone Wars is, has, and will. Both are relevant to Solo, for instance.

I thought the Lost Episodes were pretty good. There are others that Starwars.com posted that are basically just voiced low-res animatics that show some more. The one with the super clone team was goofy as heck though IMO.

There were three more seasons in dev when Disney dumped the show; one in progress, two at planning and writing, and that would have been the end of it. What got brought forward, beyond the animatics and g-viz stage, some is out there and if you're looking for a few story arcs as envisioned and taken as far as possible, then watch them. What got culled and 'resolved' in other media is... less successful. And off the mark from the plan. But, it's Disney's calls to make, intent be damned. There'll still be Qs, and some questions can't be answered as who knows in what ways D will strip-mine the rest of the stories (and, you know, spoiling XMas etc)... but keep it in mind as a self-contained bit of SW storytelling, watching them should be fulfilling.

http://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2...posted-the-most-interesting-thing-on-twitter/

Dee Bradley Baker Posted The Most Interesting Thing On Twitter...[/h]Posted by Thomas on July 13, 2018 at 4:46 PM

Dee Bradley Baker, who voiced the all of the clones on The Clone Wars, has posted something on his Twitterfeed about the upcoming SDCC TCW panel:
#StarWars :the Clone Wars fans: I’m just gonna say, you don’t want to miss this. #Comicon2018
Now, why would he say that? Is it possible, against all odds, that we might get more animated The Clone Wars? Dialogue was recorded for several more seasons, just saying… What do you think? I believe fans would be over the moon if the unfinished episodes see the light of day, maybe on the streaming service… Is it too much to hope for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahsoka great character !

But her spot in the Star Wars universe makes no sense. (to me at least )
A Padawan to a Padawan ?
Then disappeared just in time to not be mentioned or seemingly remembered in ROTS always bothered me .

Other than her magical insertion into and out of the story everything else about the show redeems that little gripe .

So thats one thing I don't really like and about
A thousand I love about the show .

Yep its defiantly a WINNER !!!!!!!

At that time Anakin was a Knight.

Remember. Padawan, Knight, Master. That's the Jedi hierarchy (much simplified). This animated series and rebels (all be it to a slightly lesser extent) are the only good things coming out of modern LucasFilm/StarWars/Disney.

Mara Jade's Father, only if he's been practicing and can actually do a faint Maori accent, rather than the series-standard fake-Aussie Crocodile Dundee accent. Leaving out how accents aren't genetic, anyway, but...

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember hearing that he did multiple accents for different clone troopers. He never was trying to do a carbon copy Jango Fett. The idea being that being trained by various training sergeants from many different worlds would have different units having different accents.

I dunno... I've watched the series all the way through several times, and favorites episodes/arcs a good deal more than that, and all I hear are variations on "crikey!" :behave

I don't think TCW series made me appreciate the prequels any more. In fact, because TCW was very good (despite a few groaners and other face palming moments), it made me dislike Episode II even more.

I don't think the TCW animated movie was ever supposed to be a stand alone film, but rather a compiled story arc introducing the series as a whole.

I really liked the expansion of characters like Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Evan Piell and other Jedi masters that were only briefly noticed in the movies. Without seeing TCW, their deaths (or absenses) in ROTS weren't meaningful at all. But getting to know them during TCW actually made me feel something when they died. Actually, I felt they needed more screen time and feel cheated by the minimal death scenes we got. The most impactful death in ROTS, for me, was Ki-Adi-Mundi, we got to see the understanding of the betrayal in his eyes.

So, in some ways, ROTS was improved by TCW, while AOTC felt worse. Not much of an impact on EP I either way, other than knowing that Maul survived getting sliced in half a dropped down a reactor core.

From The Lost Episodes, I am glad we got to see how Boba got the dented bucket, and the fate of Cad Bane, presumably.

Things I didn't like about TCW are few, and can generally be written off as appeals to the younger, targeted demographic. Primarily, every alien species seems to speak basic (aside from Wookiees and a few others). Bossk and the other trandoshans should have been subtitled.
Ziro the Hutt was one of the worst things, as well as the Zillo beast of Malastare. Whatever happened to getting that thing cloned, anyway?
Some of the obvious story arcs getting split up and spread out over various seasons never made sense. The series started with Yoda brokering a deal with the Toydarian king, getting nearly foiled by Ventress. But then, like three seasons later, the follow up of that had Savage Opress killing the Toydarian king in retaliation. I think there was even another part of that arc elsewhere in the series that didn't mate with either episode of the arc. It's only noticed when binge watching. But that's what I did since I was overseas for most of the run of the show.

I loved Rex, though I dislike the retcon of putting him in the Endor commandos, though that was a Rebels thing.

I loved the clones in general, from the training of Domino squad, to their crappy posting on the Rishi moon, losing Droidbait and Heavy, seeing Fives and Echo being promoted to Arc troopers, the death of 99 during the battle of Kamino. The Umbaran story arc and the betrayal of General Krell. And ultimately, losing Fives. The clones had so many good story arcs. Even the crappy D-squad arc got us the Clone Commando Gregor.
And of course, Karen Traviss' books were done of the best things the EU put out. So bummed we never got that last book.

Overall, I think TCW series was the best thing to happen to Star Wars since the OT, though I'm a pretty big fan of Rogue One, also.

I eventually need to buy the series on DVD (or Blu-ray if it ever comes out).

Yeah I'm still bummed we didn't get more RC action in the show and never got more books! I really hope that at some point we'll get a sequel to the game and Omega might make a cameo.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back