The Clone Wars Appreciation Thread

KrangPrime

Master Member
So, recently, I went back and rewatched the prequel movies with my new movie theater quality speakers.

The problems with those movies are still there and have not changed. Bad acting. Bad alien Accents. Non Happy looking actors.
Horrible adult anakin (come on already, turn to darth!)...Jar Jar...etc.

So, I'm rewatching the Clone Wars now for the fifth time since it aired. and it still amazes me how much they fixed exactly what was wrong with the movies. It feels more like star wars than the live action stuff.

we get to visit the Moon of Diego, heard in the first movie. and see the awesome visual of 'the ghost of drall'. We get to see the homeland of the Talz and get introduced to the cool looking pantorans. The Clones Get Expanded,d and when you really get to know them as individuals, you are glad that it wasn't actually 'THEM' that turned on the jedi at the end.
Padme and Anakin have a relationship that feels GOOD rather than weird and creepy in the movies. the voice actress for Padme acts better than natilie portman did...and the guy for anakin OWNS the character. and makes him TONS more likeable.

Hell, Even episodes dealing with Jar Jar and Politics are awesome. We've got Bombad Jedi, where Jar Jar gets to try and rescue padme, and where we also see Rodia. and then The Gungan General, where he leads a squad of clone troopers.

For Politics, we get the first Cad Bane Episode where he holds them all hostage. and the episode where padme and Asoka go behind enemy lines.

And the music is probably the last series of modern times where the composer was allowed to be awesome and bold. some of it takes a bit getting used to, as it's not the normal classical style you are used to in star wars, but somehow it all fits.

favorite moments? did it make you appreciate the prequel movies, problems and all, more?

It was a terrific series. It's a shame it took so long for fans to come around on it and some never even gave it a chance. They did some terrific story arcs and everything with Yoda was gold.

Clone Wars is one of my favorite series, hands-down. Several of the things Neil mentioned are reasons I love the Republic Commando books by Karen Traviss as well. I love the episodes where we have a hard focus on the troopers as individuals and their interactions with civilians such as Innocents on Ryloth where a little Twi'lek girl adopts two of the troopers as "brothers".

download.png

Ahsoka great character !

But her spot in the Star Wars universe makes no sense. (to me at least )
A Padawan to a Padawan ?
Then disappeared just in time to not be mentioned or seemingly remembered in ROTS always bothered me .

Other than her magical insertion into and out of the story everything else about the show redeems that little gripe .

So thats one thing I don't really like and about
A thousand I love about the show .

Yep its defiantly a WINNER !!!!!!!

Last edited:
I loved the clone wars series! I didn't like the actor chosen for Anakin as much in ROTS, but the clone wars made up for that. They did some amazing stories with qui gonn's ghost and Yoda and the other Jedi.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I agree with the points NeilT makes. Do you watch chronologically, some episodes are just out of of place.
TCW movie was just bad. Any of the three or four episode story arcs would have made a much better film. 'The wrong jedi' was a great arc as was the one about the clone going O66 and all the Mandolorian stuff. 'Landing at point Rain' was a real hi-light and Cad Bane might be my new favourite badass bounty hunter.
Season three's Citadel arc opened up the relationship between Anakin and Tarkin but it had one of the worst (canon) moments with the carbon freeze BS, another being season six when Artoo is hanging out with Yoda and visiting Dagobah.
The PT has some awesome locations and vistas along with countless problems, TCW is a much more enjoyable way to explore these worlds and characters. If only they had cast Matt Lanter, Anakin may have been the likeable but tragic friend and 'brother of Obi Wan that I expected.

I loved the clone wars series! I didn't like the actor chosen for Anakin as much in ROTS, but the clone wars made up for that. They did some amazing stories with qui gonn's ghost and Yoda and the other Jedi.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

I happened to like yoda and r2 on obi wan, but i agree about the carbon freeze groaner. seeing characters interact that you normally think otherwise wouldn't i find fun. like how r2 and palpatine have a scene in the godzilla send off episode.

And yes on anakin. I was actually PISSED they started to turn him evil, as matt made anakin so damn likeable and understandable, i didn't want him to turn to darth.

yet, in the movies...it's like, come on. get this sleemo off my screen already.

I should have watched it again over Christmas. I remember when they first aired thinking, "why weren't the prequels like this?" I thought the same thing during Rogue One, but that's another thread.

Sent from my Motorola StarTAC

I always contended that the Mortis trilogy was an effort by Lucas to walk back the midiclorines.
You're probably right.

I read a while back that Lucas added the midichlorians because he was trying to get the whole force thing back into the sci-fi world. People were starting to get too fanatical about it being a religion.

When I thought about it, it made sense. Especially since he was writing that thing in about 1997 and Star wars had been in a vacuum since 1983

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

i just rewatched cat and mouse.

i f orgot how much of that was pretty much a tribute to star trek 2. i wonder how they got away with copying the tone of the music.

i just rewatched cat and mouse.

i f orgot how much of that was pretty much a tribute to star trek 2. i wonder how they got away with copying the tone of the music.
I love that episode. I watched it the other night. It's probably the best stand alone episode there is.

Trench is awesome.

If I have one issue with the show, it's that I wish there were a few more decent standalone episodes.

Mind you, it's kind hard to decide with episodes are actually standalone.

I have started re-watching them. I remembered they were better, but I forgot how much better. Except for Jar Jar. You can really see how Rebels is using cheaper animation.

I have started re-watching them. I remembered they were better, but I forgot how much better. Except for Jar Jar. You can really see how Rebels is using cheaper animation.

i don't know about cheaper, but yeah, it DOES look a bit less..involved.

I think the ships look more realistic in some cases. so do the explosions and backgrounds..

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back