The Clone Wars Appreciation Thread

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAS!

I don't care how much it costs, that alone will make me subscribe to Disney's streaming service.

I am so excited about this news! I pretty much grew up on this show and it will forever be one of my favorites. The animation in that trailer looks soooo good!!

Also, for those complaining about Disney's streaming service, remember that there will be other exclusive SW content on there like Jon Favreau's live action show (if you're interested in that).

I'm happy about this. TCW was the best thing since Jedi, and when it ended, you could really tell it felt unfinished.

Now, for the Disney Streaming Service, it all depends on how much, and what other content, not just star wars, it will include. Since they own Marvel, will they perhaps include the old school cartoons from the 90s? All Marvel movies to date? At the very least, all MCU movies? All the classic Disney cartoons and movies? If it includes all the Disney properties, it may very well be worth it. But again, it depends on the cost.

And who knows, this might finally be where we get the theatrical release versions of the OT, in remastered HiDef. And the Holiday Special, and the Ewoks movies.

Does anyone else find it telling that Disney cancelled this series shortly after they purchased Lucasfilm? Then they introduced Rebels and ended that series after only four seasons. Then they announced an animated series centering on the Resistance after Episode 8 divided fans only to bring Clone Wars back? Why did they cancel it in the first place? It makes no logical sense to me.

I never cared for Clone Wars to begin with so I have zero interest in it's return but I can't help but wonder how desperate Disney is? It's clear they have no clue what they are doing. I just keeping thinking about what Warner Brothers is doing with the DC universe. It's like they are just trying anything they can to get the series back on track no matter how good or bad the decisions are. The only thing they have been consistent with is sucking. Or is this a gesture of "good will" to the fans that will ultimately usher in the news that Kathleen Kennedy will be stepping down after Episode 9 and that Dave Filoni will be replacing her?

I suspect that is the ultimate reason for this move.

I wondering this is simply finished editions of the unfinished episodes. Unless I'm mistaken, they had already done the season 7 voices and animatics when they had canceled the show

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

No. These were apparently all written before the show was cancelled. Before TFA.
Unless Disney decides to continue George's tradition of going back and making changes. Maybe include another link to Rebels while they are at it.

As for everybody starting their own streaming service, I don't like it. It might be acceptable if it was one or two dollars but they are all around $10/month. Eventually people won't be able to afford all of these services and they'll drop back to Netflix, Amazon (unless they keep raising the cost of Prime every year), basic cable, and reading books. And YouTube videos if they stop screwing with ad income and driving all the good channels to Patreon and Twitch.

Sent from my Hewlett Packard 48G using Tapatalk

Unless Disney decides to continue George's tradition of going back and making changes. Maybe include another link to Rebels while they are at it.

As for everybody starting their own streaming service, I don't like it. It might be acceptable if it was one or two dollars but they are all around $10/month. Eventually people won't be able to afford all of these services and they'll drop back to Netflix, Amazon (unless they keep raising the cost of Prime every year), basic cable, and reading books. And YouTube videos if they stop screwing with ad income and driving all the good channels to Patreon and Twitch.

You lost me at reading books. I'm old school and still have several bookshelves laden with various genres, one even dedicated to Star Wars books. I still read probably as much as I watch tv, but even my peers aren't reading books as they used to. My wife and kids think it's odd I listen to audio books in the car, rather than listen to music.

The younger generation, they don't read anything printed on paper outside of a school textbook.

Even our friends younger kids have iPads and tablets and such. And are thrown into an ADHD fueled psychosis without Wi-Fi.

You lost me at reading books. I'm old school and still have several bookshelves laden with various genres, one even dedicated to Star Wars books. I still read probably as much as I watch tv, but even my peers aren't reading books as they used to. My wife and kids think it's odd I listen to audio books in the car, rather than listen to music.

The younger generation, they don't read anything printed on paper outside of a school textbook.

Even our friends younger kids have iPads and tablets and such. And are thrown into an ADHD fueled psychosis without Wi-Fi.

I was trying to be funny about reading. I still read a lot. It lets me say "the book(s) were better" when they get turned into movies or TV shows. I will admit most reading I do now is on a Kindle or the Kindle app. I got tired of losing books. It's like a ghost goat was eating them at night while I was asleep. I'm not even going to get into younger people and their electronics addictions.

Actually, young people are reading way more than older folks...

https://www.statista.com/statistics/249787/book-reading-population-in-the-us-by-age/

That's both surprising, and not, at the same time. The highest percentage belongs to the college and early career age range (lower income and often more free time) while the lowest percentages include the mid career, family, and disposable income range. I'd be interested in seeing the under 18 percentage rate, which was the primary age range my post was directed toward.

That's both surprising, and not, at the same time. The highest percentage belongs to the college and early career age range (lower income and often more free time) while the lowest percentages include the mid career, family, and disposable income range. I'd be interested in seeing the under 18 percentage rate, which was the primary age range my post was directed toward.
At the risk of continuing with the derailment, if you register on that site do you get to see the actual survey and the questions on it? I'd be interested to know how general that question about reading is. 18-29 includes people finishing highschool or in college and textbooks are books.

Ha! Not me! I'm 14 and I love reading books! I have a sister who writes books, so I get new books from her to read fairly often too. Plenty of other books as well, I'm especially a fantasy book fan.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back