X-Men Apocalypse Cyclops 90's my own build

killsknuckles

Hello,
i've been doing some research for the past 4 months for this costume, then this is how it came up from my head.

the material I used for this costume is mostly synthetic leather mixed with faux leather. I'm thinking to use jersey / track jacket for the main part and leather on the accent for the version 2.

(Credit: Thanks to Resha Hafsah for tailoring it for me)

here we go the pics:
15823108_10210101970119793_6729744043398720625_n.jpg15894597_10210101969999790_1120458806591825870_n.jpg

more pics soon, was trying to use a proper strap and resin for the chest strap.

Cheers

This is great, I'm working on a different project currently that takes some inspiration from that costume, would love to hear more about your method and design

Oh man this is awesome, looks killer. Tell me though, how hot is it to wear it? Looks like you would sweat buckets at a con, or anywhere that you had to go outside. I really wish they would switch SDCC to winter time. July is unbearable sometimes.

This is great, I'm working on a different project currently that takes some inspiration from that costume, would love to hear more about your method and design

Thank you! I'll update on this more. Right now I'm working on the 90s cartoon style visor. IMO the one from apocalypse ending looks like robocop.

Oh man this is awesome, looks killer. Tell me though, how hot is it to wear it? Looks like you would sweat buckets at a con, or anywhere that you had to go outside. I really wish they would switch SDCC to winter time. July is unbearable sometimes.

I'm pretty sure I will not survive sdcc in this costume, sweating like hell on the first test haha

Thats the bummer, sometimes its worth it, like "yeah tons of people loved my work and I looked awesome!!!" then other times its like "deoderant can only do so much and Im unbearably uncomforatable". Im definitely a sweater. I wish I was like my other friend that dresses up, he just turns super red, doesnt sweat a drop no matter how hot he gets!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back