SHIELD Jacket: Patch Placement

Omegacron

I recently bought myself an Alpha Industries MA-1 flight jacket [pic], and now want to spruce it up with some MCU-version SHIELD patches. I've gotten matching shoulder patches, but I'm debating whether or not to put a name tag on as well. I googled for images from the movies or AoS, but I'm not seeing any examples of a uniform with a name tag. If anyone has an example, please post below.

Assuming I go the name tag route, I'm leaning towards a black tag with white lettering. I found a place that offers custom name tags with the SHIELD logo [here], so that's probably what i'd use. But sometimes less is more, so I'm torn...

Here's a quick mockup I made in PS:

shield-jacket.jpg

there are the new rubber shield patchs for sale in the Project Runs thread. also i dont remember ever seeing name tapes on any shield personal.

MayS4x2.jpg

I would do Grey lettering on the Black tape with just "S.H.I.E.L.D." White letting seems too bright for Shield gear.

Looks like a good jacket. Thanks for having the eagles looking forward on the show the have them looking all over the place.

In the Avengers, Maria Hill had Hill on the the arm of her suit... TWS Cap had Rogers on his arm.

Cant think of anyone that has their name on their chest but I always thought the shield security badges that the security council had in TWS would have been cool name tags.
Screen Cap:

Made a close enough version using a USAF metal name tag.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back