MIB WESTWORLD costume build.

Looking good.
By the way, I did contact the fabric place and informed them of my interest in about 3 yds. Haven't heard any updates, but did what I could!

i have not either.

pulled the trigger on a barons man in black hat.. ouch.... but my should look as good as it gets though!

the company that made the material for the man in black's jacket is doing a run of their material. wooT! at 105 a yard. i guess more than three of us want this material.

this is the massage they sent me.
"We are going to be weaving this fabric now and need deposits for yardage. The fabric will be $105/ yard and a 50% deposit is required balance due before shipping. once we get your deposit we will create an invoice with all your information. Our details are on our web site."

the lady that is making the material is making 25 total yards. so get it while you can!

http://thistlehillweavers.com/about-...nd-directions/
Last edited by mrbungle; 1 Minute Ago at 12:21 PM.

i have looked at corduroy and was going to use it until the original material makers said they were making more. i would not have been happy with corduroy when i know i could get the real thing.

Thanks!! I'm excited to start on the MIB costume for my boyfriend. We're planning a group with some friends for later in the year. The work you've put in for yours is very inspiring and very helpful!!

Update. They said they shipped my material yesterday!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!! I'm excited to start on the MIB costume for my boyfriend. We're planning a group with some friends for later in the year. The work you've put in for yours is very inspiring and very helpful!!

Glad I could help.

jacket material is here !! woot! now off to indy for tailoring!
8716.jpeg

i am using magnoli clothiers to do my jacket and vest. i am not sure what pattern he is going to use i sent him a bunch of reference pics. i can't sew ..... so i have to pay others to do so.

the fabric we bought is the correct fabric but we have to hand paint it to match the screen used stuff.

look at my material and google the man in black westworld. look at a high res photo of his jacket and they paint over the the cross bar in the fabric leaving the vertical stripe. i also believe they lightly dyed it.

8714.jpeg

here is ane crabtree talking about the jacket material.

"Let’s talk about Ed Harris’s character, The Man in Black. He’s a fan favorite, and his outfit is particularly amazing.

There’s a very old-school hippie weaver in upstate New York, near Woodstock, who wove the fabric for his jacket. We had another artisan hand-paint it afterwards. And his hat we got at Baron Hats — I was totally starstruck walking into that place, because everyone in Hollywood goes there to have hats made, and they have all these beautiful wooden hat forms on display. I got to hold Diane Keaton’s hat form!"

https://www.racked.com/2016/10/27/13408436/westworld-costumes

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back