Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

Long time lurker, first time posting. I've learned so much from the talented folks on here. I'm well into building my R1 rebel soldier. Like Ronan75 I have been wondering about nerf conversions too. I am at a loss for finding parts to complete the build. I want to convert my Cassian Eadu or my Jyn Erso blaster to an A300 sniper rifle. I've been all over the internet looking for parts with no luck. Is anyone doing print runs of the pieces for the stock, scope and the barrel tip and part that attaches the barrel to the main body of the nerf gun? Or if someone can point me to other resources that would be greatly appreciated.

Its a great build. Maybe I missed it, but are you sharing/selling the printed Nerf mod files?

Long time lurker, first time posting. I've learned so much from the talented folks on here. I'm well into building my R1 rebel soldier. Like Ronan75 I have been wondering about nerf conversions too. I am at a loss for finding parts to complete the build. I want to convert my Cassian Eadu or my Jyn Erso blaster to an A300 sniper rifle. I've been all over the internet looking for parts with no luck. Is anyone doing print runs of the pieces for the stock, scope and the barrel tip and part that attaches the barrel to the main body of the nerf gun? Or if someone can point me to other resources that would be greatly appreciated.

Pm's sent. Thanks!

Thanks; I plan on working on a second one with a more screen accurate color. These helmets are quickly becoming an obsession. Lol

I meant the pouch attached to the Vietnam vest

They really are! I started my build with the helmet months ago and I'm still working on it. I'll post some pics of my whole build progress but I've painted the blast shield like 5 times lol. Currently Montana petrol color, need to do a black wash and weather it but it's so humid where I am that painting right now would probably be a disaster. Your soft cover looks great! I have a mr hemmings that I dyed a few shades darker but it still needs something else.

Gotcha on the vest. I'd like to do one of those eventually too. I'm doing a variation of the topps guy build so I have the m79 vest.

They really are! I started my build with the helmet months ago and I'm still working on it. I'll post some pics of my whole build progress but I've painted the blast shield like 5 times lol. Currently Montana petrol color, need to do a black wash and weather it but it's so humid where I am that painting right now would probably be a disaster. Your soft cover looks great! I have a mr hemmings that I dyed a few shades darker but it still needs something else.

Gotcha on the vest. I'd like to do one of those eventually too. I'm doing a variation of the topps guy build so I have the m79 vest.

I just got Montana Petrol. I like how my first blast shield turned out so I ordered another one to try petrol with a black wash.

Very cool! I have looked at a lot of images now of various troopers wearing the open-back "Hoth-like" vest and I think Melshi's is the only one with quilt stitching along the bottom. I think they all have lower arm/elbow padding however. Also, what are you using for the two ammo rounds in the left arm sleeves?

I think I'll be going after this soldiers look;
View attachment 722597
Main tackles:
-Under shirt/jacket similar to Melshi (long w/ quilt stitching on lower portions/stand collar)
-Mod vest (no collar on flak vest/paint/dye if not already correct color)
-pants look to have sew in layered padding(?)
-Leather goods
-hat ear radio and chest emblem on flak vest
-war face
I'm looking into all best and cheapest options out there. After April I can invest a bit more, but for now have to budget; I'm excited though. I'll definitely be using this thread as inspiration :)

Wish me luck, haha

I believe I used two plastic travel bottles I bought from The Container Store.

i just had to cut to size and then paint. They worked out pretty well.

Hi everyone! I posted in the helmet thread too but I'm starting over on the helmet part of my build. Pretty much put the nail in the coffin on my blast shield during a wash gone wrong, such a noob. Sand and repaint would fix but I was already unhappy with the trimming I did anyway. Anyone doing blast shield runs any time soon?

Hi everyone! I posted in the helmet thread too but I'm starting over on the helmet part of my build. Pretty much put the nail in the coffin on my blast shield during a wash gone wrong, such a noob. Sand and repaint would fix but I was already unhappy with the trimming I did anyway. Anyone doing blast shield runs any time soon?

I little sanding and repainting and you can come back from some bad paint. If the trim is too deep you could always turn it into some rough blaster/battle damage. I think there was a possibility of Mr. Mold Maker doing another run. Check the project runs and see if that is going forward. Good Luck!!

Thanks Psicorp7 and TK1625 for the advice and support! I think Ive been letting frustration get the best of me. I like the idea of weathering the heck out of it to cover up the bad blemishes. So far I've fixed the "vent" holes a little bit and sanded a few layers of paint off. As I sand I notice the acrylic paint seems to get spots that have tiny pin hole sized pits almost like air pockets got into that coat. I plan to sand it down and hit it with a coat of filler primer to fill in some of those spots. Certainly a learning experience for this noob.

Hey Psicorp7, will you be uploading your 3D files for the scope? I would really like to build Cassain's blaster in a similar fashion as yours.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Psicorp7, will you be uploading your 3D files for the scope? I would really like to build Cassain's blaster in a similar fashion as yours.
Thanks!

I only modeled the simple block with no details and the rail. I used them as a base to build off. The rest of the scope I made with copper pipe and additional found items. I then made a mold and cast that one off item. So, sorry there is no model of mine for the whole scope. There is a complete rifle for the Rogue One commandos on Thingiverse. The detail is lacking in a few areas but it is a pretty good base to start from. Good Luck!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2485073

I only modeled the simple block with no details and the rail. I used them as a base to build off. The rest of the scope I made with copper pipe and additional found items. I then made a mold and cast that one off item. So, sorry there is no model of mine for the whole scope. There is a complete rifle for the Rogue One commandos on Thingiverse. The detail is lacking in a few areas but it is a pretty good base to start from. Good Luck!

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2485073

Thanks a lot!

I am finally in a situation, where I am able to start on my "Topps Card" rebel trooper...the one wearing the multiple pouch grenade carrying vest.

What is the general consensus about the accurate vest color? Brown, blue, dark tan...?

I am finally in a situation, where I am able to start on my "Topps Card" rebel trooper...the one wearing the multiple pouch grenade carrying vest.

What is the general consensus about the accurate vest color? Brown, blue, dark tan...?

Rebel Legion research has specified brown.

Thanks.

Do you have a link to the discussion/ research thread?

These are the main two, I believe:

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81351&highlight=

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74461

Essentially you start out with the standard OD grenade vest, and either spray paint it (works surprisingly well) or use hardcore dye to dye it.

It’s been a little while since I worked on mine but I believe the pouch flaps may be a different color than the main body? It’s all in the thread, regardless.

Then of course the two chest pockets get the yellow paint, as well.

This thread has been a tremendous help! I've gotten a majority of my gear and have the rest on order...

All save for the bits needed to convert the Nerf Blaster to a A300- the Stock, Scope and Barrel tip have been giving me fits frying to locate...

Psicorp7 - reaching out to ya!

-Rex

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back