Generic ROGUE ONE Rebel Trooper - Find/Modify/Build Thread

Well if you do try it just remember that it will have a sticky rubbery surface that needs to be covered when sewing or the fabric won't move.
It also collects dirt easy.

Down side is the colors are limited and will have to be mixed beforehand.

You will need a iron that produces steam that you will have to hold over the paint (without touching) to cause it to opaque and puff.

The correct size jacket arrived and I paired it with the Frag Vest so far. I think I will hem up the jacket to be a little shorter as shown by the photos below.

IMG_0953.JPG IMG_0954.JPG

I also finished up the rest of the transponder badges.

IMG_0959.JPG

I have found a good item to use for the checked tube on the Cassian badge, I just have to cut it down to fit. But I am still stumped on the bottom fine grate item. I tried to cut the thin strips but they are too small for the plastic I have.

IMG_0958.JPG

Time to keep searching!

In my quest to find the hobby knife handle for the Cassian badge, I found some cheap scribing tools. They didn't work for the badge, but I cut off the tops and since they were solid metal they made nice greeblies for the right side of the vest.

IMG_0964.JPG IMG_0963.JPG

Plus, something cool showed up in the mail!!!

IMG_0966.JPG

Makes me want to switch to holster building!

Anyone have any ideas for a cheaper alternative to the Gorka 3-4 jacket? I had just bought my 40mm grenade vest, with the French triple grenade pouch next. I bought the blast shield for my helmet. And I currently have my rebel alliance trooper hat. Im working with a od bdu shirt and brown BDU pants.

Our favorite Rebel Soldier is getting an action figure! The details are pretty good for a 3 3/4" figure.

High-Resolution-Hasbro-Rogue-One-2017-Exclusives-005.jpg

Busy week but I managed to get a few more things done on the vest.

I added a cover of the transponder badge. The piece was sew first and then hand stitched onto the vest. The badge was attached first by gluing it directly to the fabric using E-6000.

IMG_0994.JPG

I also had a panel sewn to cover the velcro. The panel itself has a velcro backing and just velcros directly to the vest, no sewing! The panel also had that weird trapezoid piece almost all the vests have.

IMG_0993.JPG

Finally, I spray painted the patch on the upper right shoulder using two different colors of matte yellow. It gave it a nice mottled look but will need some additional weathering when I distress the whole kit.

IMG_0996.JPG

As a bonus, I think I might have found a way to finish the Cassian transponder!

Good news! The Cassian Nerf blaster came today. It is pretty good for a Nerf blaster. The core is good but the add-ons are less so.
Here it is out of the box.

IMG_1031.JPG

First thing I did, was change out the long magazine for a shorter one and that helped. It will probably need to be even shorter still.

IMG_1032.JPG

I think I will add a few pieces to the stock, swap out the scope, and then replace the barrel to look more like this version of the sniper configuration. The barrel should be the easiest part since it is a pretty simple tube with holes.

IMG_1034.JPG

Hey, guys. Don't want to detract from your thread at all, but I was wondering, what do y'all make of this jacket?

photo hosting

I found it at Target and it reminded me a little of Han's ESB jacket.
I already have an olive drab rebel jacket that I put together, but I've really been wanting to do another one, so I thought this could work.

Hey, guys. Don't want to detract from your thread at all, but I was wondering, what do y'all make of this jacket?

https://s16.postimg.org/65hvom52d/IMG_0306.jpgphoto hosting

I found it at Target and it reminded me a little of Han's ESB jacket.
I already have an olive drab rebel jacket that I put together, but I've really been wanting to do another one, so I thought this could work.

If you found it at Target, you might want to buy another to move pockets and add extra details!

Yeah, I'm definitely going to do some tweaking to it, first and foremost will be taking some length off of it.
Of course adding some greeblies. I'll probably put an additional rank plaque on the right shoulder, since I added a painted design on the other jacket.

I am building a Jyn Erso Eadu outfit for my wife and was wanting to know what goggles those are. Can you please let me know where you got them.

I am building a Jyn Erso Eadu outfit for my wife and was wanting to know what goggles those are. Can you please let me know where you got them.

Do you mean these?

Nevermind, found them. *facepalm* Especially, since they are German (former GDR) MZ Simson motorcycle goggles.... And I used an ESS NVG we got used in an army store.... 20€ vs 80€...... Grrr. It was made by "VEB Rathenower Optische Werke Rathenow 183" couldn't find when. Attached pics below, just ordered mine on eBay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright! After a brief break for minor back surgery, I am back on this build!

I started work on the scope to add to my Nerf blaster. I used regular 1"scope rings and various copper fittings and reducers to recreate the scope and what will be the front of the scope. I will 3D print the box with the hole in it and detail with sheet plastic.

IMG_1087.JPG

What I need to identify is the set of scope adjustment knobs in front of the ring mounts. Any ideas????
I will grab a better close up to show what I mean.

Just an update on that jacket.
I've done a little bit of work on it.
I took about two inches off the bottom, cut off the buttons and added some greeblies.

image hosting

I know my captains badge isn't screen accurate, but I'm ok with that.

upload

I'm really not sure what else to do with it. I don't really want to add stripes on the sleeves, but it still feels incomplete.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back