Millennium Falcon Legacy Toy Conversion

yaris

Sr Member
This is the Legacy Falcon, I like it because of it's size. It's the biggest Falcon that was ever commercially available. The detail is good enough for me, but the cockpit is way too big, so I'll scratch build a new cockpit, cut the lower boxes down, shake and bake...keep it simple.

progress 1.jpgprogress 2.jpgprogress 3.jpgprogress 4.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Legacy Millennium Falcon Conversion - Shake and Bake

Hey Yaris ! Good to see you rolling onto the next project. That thing is HUGE !

I'm really almost done with my X-Wing.....I need to start thinking about my next conquest.

Hey Yaris ! Good to see you rolling onto the next project. That thing is HUGE !

The size is the attraction. Shake and Bake...Get It Done

Last edited:

Hack sawed some lines into the pipe and added some greeblies, not really following any particular model, just going with what I have lying around and what I like the look of.

It's been a real mission to get the access pipe to work with the rest of space that's left once I cut out all the oversized tunnel and cockpit., I'll have to fill a fair bit because I'm downsizing the tunnel and cockpit, but it has to be done, because the cockpit is so overly large on this falcon. All the dark grey greeblies are actually from parts I cut out of this falcon

FB 05.jpgFB 06.jpgIMG_2512.JPG

Last edited:

I haven't done much on this beast....but slowly I will get there.

I had to build the other side and lower port. I'll mold and cast to get 2 done.

IMG_3007.JPG

As I only have one side I have to cast another one, had a little silicone left over, so I kept the mold to a minimum.

IMG_3055.jpgIMG_3056.jpg

cast the other side, just used polyester casting resin as I ran out of polyurethane, once painted won't matter.

20170409_101036.jpg

Re: Big Toy Falcon Conversion

A bit more done, cut outs for the cockpit glass, they're clear plastic, so I'll paint them black on the inside to look like outer glass.

Entire cockpit base plate needed an internal body rim to adhere against.....so built and done.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
Re: Legacy Falcon Conversion

This an awesome project! Looking great!!/

Thank you, it's a slow beast of a thing. I want to keep it simple. The base model is very accurate and the largest commercially available, so I will continue to fix the major flaw that is the cockpit and surround.

Last edited:
Re: Legacy Falcon Conversion

That is just a trick of the photo distortion that piece is actually a Deagostini piece and fits perfect. I actually
Re-skinned the entire bird and gained about 1 more inch to the total width.
Chris

I didn't get a radar dish with this toy, so I made one.....heated some styrene sheet over the gas BBQ, got it nice and soft, pulled it over the back of a stand up fan motor housing to get the curve, cut some plastic cable ties, ran some solder wire around the edge and cut up a fly swat.

dish 1.jpgdish 2.jpgdish 3.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back