Millennium Falcon Legacy Toy Conversion

started a black wash, some half done photos...may go back afterward the black with some rust...will add some airbrush to the deep set parts, but only slightly as it's easy to overdo it with the airbrush...

f02.jpgf01.jpg

Last edited:
Well it's done. The goal was to really make the cockpit a better scale and add a radar dish, as I was always happy with the overall accuracy, so didn't need to change anything else.

I used a plastic coke bottle for the internal cockpit glass and just painted the inside black.

A new paint job with some weathering and hey presto, complete....I'll leave it for a while and may go back and make some minor weathering changes...or not.

fe02.jpgfe01.jpgfe03.jpg

Looking really good. Great idea. The oversized cockpit was the only real downsize of this Falcon IMO, considering it was really an overpriced toy.

I had this falcon, ended up letting it go to fund my model building when I got the hero falcon, but wish I'd held onto it.

I was born in 1970, so grew up playing with the Kenner falcon, and loved the nostalgic feeling this Falcon gave off.

I so miss pushing those sound effect buttons. I just realized I will never really grow up...lol.

Thx, I could have done more, but it's a really good base to build from and the cockpit is the real big issue, never really wanted to address the tall side wall issue, but I might look into starting it.

Looking really good. Great idea. The oversized cockpit was the only real downsize of this Falcon IMO, considering it was really an overpriced toy

The sheer size of it was the attraction for me and it's quiet detailed for a toy, but (IMHO) the cockpit has to go, it's just so oversized, so now it looks much better with a more scaled cockpit.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back