Do3D Mark III War Machine Build

Please do a commission run!! Your work is freaking incredible! I've never seen anyone do the HUD that's badass!

So cool! Will you only do the torso or will you eventually add arms and legs?
The rest of the arms are printed (just need finished) and currently printing the legs now. This suit is definitely going to be worn. Hopefully will have everything done in a few months.

Please do a commission run!! Your work is freaking incredible! I've never seen anyone do the HUD that's badass!
Thanks, I wish I could find time. Mabie will start doing commissions some day.

Just curious on the cost of this?
I wish I knew, i tend to loose track of the expenses. Just enjoy building things.

:love you always amaze me with your work!
Thanks brokechick. I appreciate the comments. There is lots of time and effort and glad to see that folks enjoy the results. Pushes me to the test every time. :)

Hey TKCC71, for the black color on the suit, how did you achieve that finish? Is it matte black? And did you polish the clear coat? Thanks.

Hey TKCC71, for the black color on the suit, how did you achieve that finish? Is it matte black? And did you polish the clear coat? Thanks.
tijojjo98 - I just use the medium settings on Simplify. Also I bumped up the speed on my delta printer so it prints a little faster.
Huang - Its Krylon Ultra Flat black Primer with a krylon matt clear coat finish.

Progress to date. Neck and shoulders are complete. Finished the fiber-glassing of the thighs and the thigh support. The thighs are basically held up via a belt and button snaps. Works fantastic. Also did a little work on installing the electronics. Thanks to Devil Dogs assistance, I almost have the programming complete. Still working on the challenge of getting the voice control to communicate with my servo controller, but we are almost there.

This is the 20w Amplifier and speakers. The Amp is hooked up to a Uno, Music Maker wav Shield, Easy VR3 and a pololu maestro servo controller. All parts a installed with high powered magnets so that I can easly remove them for upgrades and maintenance.

Last edited:
Thanks Cavedwellar. :)

Finished the hands. Made the ribbed inserts out of dragonskin silicone. I designed a 3D printed tray to pour the dragon skin on and then used a RTV adhesive silicone to attach them to the gloves. Will share the file if anyone is interested. Not sure how i can post a file here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Cavedwellar. :)

Finished the hands. Made the ribbed inserts out of dragonskin silicone. I designed a 3D printed tray to pour the dragon skin on and then used a RTV adhesive silicone to attach them to the gloves. Will share the file if anyone is interested. Not sure how i can post a file here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZHTVswExOI

Definitely would be interested in the file. Glove looks amazing.

Btw, are you going to try making parts of the undersuit in silicon? Rigid parts would be impossible to wear, but maybe with silicon you can achieve a decent undersuit that shows between the parts of the suit.

Last edited:
Definitely would be interested in the file. Glove looks amazing.

Btw, are you going to try making parts of the undersuit in silicon? Rigid parts would be impossible to wear, but maybe with silicon you can achieve a decent undersuit that shows between the parts of the suit.

Thanks, that's definitely the plan, I don't want anything showing between the seams of the suit.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-pF-HqQRhAON1N1Zm1zNy1IUU0/view?usp=sharing

Here is the link to the ribbed finger tray I designed. Now keep in mind, don't fill the tray all the way up to the rim with the dragonskin silicone, then it will be to thick and will be difficult to get the fingers to bend. I would only use about 60 grams (120 grams total) of Part A and Part B of the Dragon skin. Spread it around with a Popsicle stick as much as possible. I found that you can mix in a small amount of acrylic paint to give it color. Lastly, I also used the Dragon Skin 10NV which runs a little thinner and has more flexibility to it. You may only get 3-4 fingers off one tray. Also, be sure to spray Krylon Crystal clear on the tray after its printed to make sure the silicone wont stick to the tray.

More progress in the last few weeks. Finally completed the shins and the arm boots (Silicone boots between the forearm and bicep). Still much more work to do. Have to complete the forearm guns and the mechanism to make them rise out of the forearm and the hinge system for the shoulder gun. And lastly I will need to complete the shoes. For the shoes I will need add about 4 inches (I'm only 5'8" and going to make the suit slightly over 6ft) I've been looking at a couple techniques that wont make it very obvious. Hopefully it will work.

Last edited:
Also have to share his. Thanks again to DevilDog who helped me with some of the coding. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the inner arm details. Did you happen to make a 3d printable tray for the inner arm elbow areas too that you can share?

TIMBREE - will share it shortly.

Been working on the fore arms this weekend. The pressure is on to have this suit done by the 22nd of this month. Hopefully will do a test for next weekend and will be ready for the unveiling.

Looking good TKCC71! I also purchased the Do3D files back in March and have been slowly printing away. I'm mostly stumped at assembling the printed parts. For example, I can't tell how the blaster assembly attaches to the Fore Arms. It doesn't seem to fit together the way I think it should. Can you share a pic?

Hi, following this thread with interest as I'm currently printing the same costume :) where did you get the decals? is it possible to get hold of a set to save me re-inventing the wheel?

Cheer

Hello, I am also printing this DO3D armor, please tell me where I can buy the Soft part of the photo, thank you

9DAA5E89-44AE-4C65-9E59-E9889BC54F3B_zpscfsikmir.jpg~original

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back