Deagostini Falcon... Final mounting ideas,lighting, display case?

DARKSIDE72

Sr Member
I'm waiting on my final part shipment 97-100. I'm sure many of you are in the same situation. I want the model, base mounted/acrylic mirror like the MR. I want the landing gear down,model canted like she's coming in for a landing, about 6 inches off the base, full acrylic cover etc. And as many accurately added landing lights (red/clear) as can be added to the existing electronics board.

So we're talking heavy internal structure support, I'm thinking bolted aluminum plate/incorporating the mandibles for support , Mounting pylon just rear of the lower gun mount, kinda like the original.

Full clear acrylic cover... Any thoughts on any of this? Surely I'm not the only one who plans to do something outside the box. Any ideas?

I'm thinking more like a coffee table. A wooden frame with acrylic window sides and top. The top would be on a hinge for easy access. Falcon would be sitting or in flight mode (undecided) on top of an acrylic mirror.

I should ask who's a reputable company for custom acrylic enclosures?

Most any acryllic supply company near you should be able to tackle making a case. Remember the cost you might save ordering one online might end up being more due to shipping.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back