Re-Mounting An MR Falcon

PHArchivist

Master Member
Who has done it? I know CKing did...

I want to mount mine in level flight (like CKing's).

What do I need to know?

Is it possible to do so and retain the electrical connection?

Fear of diminishing the collectible value?

As long as you're going with "level" all you need is a post that has the correct angle to it Since the MR is just a gravity hold sitting on the post you can't really go a lot further without something to make the thing "stick". but level should not be too difficult.

As for the electrical connection its just a stereo jack...inserted at the proper depth Copy the original (INCLUDING THE LITTLE SPRING) and you should be fine.

Jedi Dade

As long as you're going with "level" all you need is a post that has the correct angle to it Since the MR is just a gravity hold sitting on the post you can't really go a lot further without something to make the thing "stick". but level should not be too difficult.

As for the electrical connection its just a stereo jack...inserted at the proper depth Copy the original (INCLUDING THE LITTLE SPRING) and you should be fine.

Jedi Dade

It's been years since I've seen the mounting post. Never been off since I got the thing years ago...

I've had mine off a couple of times when I needed to move it for some reason or another. But I know what you mean... However you've got to take it off the stand its on to put it on to the one you want to make so... might as well have at it :)

As I recall it was just a stereo jack mounted to the center of an frosted acrylic post, with a tiny spring that went over the stereo jack post to adjust the depth of the jack insertion into the model. You could probably manually rig up the jack with power and CAREFULLY insert the jack untill all lights came on to guage the proper depth - mark the jack at that spot and create the post without the original post as a guide...

Jedi Dade

I've had mine off a couple of times when I needed to move it for some reason or another. But I know what you mean... However you've got to take it off the stand its on to put it on to the one you want to make so... might as well have at it :)

As I recall it was just a stereo jack mounted to the center of an frosted acrylic post, with a tiny spring that went over the stereo jack post to adjust the depth of the jack insertion into the model. You could probably manually rig up the jack with power and CAREFULLY insert the jack untill all lights came on to guage the proper depth - mark the jack at that spot and create the post without the original post as a guide...

Jedi Dade

Good ideas...

And if worse comes to worst, I can forego the lights. I rarely turn them on anyway.

Thanks for your help!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back