Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Drugs are what they are. Addictive. Some people are more susceptible than others. And once you're hooked you can always relapse. That matters because it means that decisions made 40 years ago can come back to haunt you long after you "should know better."

Actually, I think Richards has crossed some kind of threshold some time back, where the stuff he takes now actually *prolong* his life.
Otherwise there is no logical explanation. [emoji53]
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Keith Richards IS the logical explanation. :lol

Actually I'd argue the exact opposite... the headline itself says "Heroin"... but the excerpts from the coroner's report says "opiates" so it could well have been oxycodone or oxycontin with People running with the sensationalistic headline...
But yeah, it could also be smack off the street. We probably wont know for sure either way, so I guess people can believe what they want to believe. *shrug*
firesprite And yes, its all speculation, like I said, we might never know the exact truth. Ill stop jumping to conclusions when you stop jumping to defend. Carrie Fisher even admits she wasnt a saint, yet everyone seems to want her to be one. She had a lot of demons and unfortunately those contributed to her demise. I loved her as an actress but none of us can act like we really knew her as a person. Unless you were in her life in some capacity. But watching videos, movies, and interviews doesnt make you think you know her. Myself included of course. Maybe she was sick of dealing with knowing she had a mental illness and committed suicide? We will never know. I have seen multiple lives ruined by drugs, when people say "oh well it could have been this, or it could have been that, it wasnt her fault" we dont really know. But when that person is in your life and you DO know? Its a horrible thing to go through, and it affects everyone in that persons life, not just their own.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't care that she may have died of an overdose. I love her just the same as I ever did and the world is a dimmer place without her in it. I was fortunate to meet her once at a convention and she was just as wonderful as I could have imagined.

I had a harder time empathizing with drug users, especially when they were rich and famous, but after losing a family member to it, I can say from personal experience that it's a lot of things, the least of which is heartbreaking for the user and their families and friends. Addiction is a disease, but the user also has to take responsibility for it too. It's a complicated and somber problem that affects not only the addict, but everyone that cares about them.

Actually I'd argue the exact opposite... the headline itself says "Heroin"... but the excerpts from the coroner's report says "opiates" so it could well have been oxycodone or oxycontin with People running with the sensationalistic headline...

Actually, the autopsy does specifically state “heroin”. See the Forensic Consultant’s Report, page 7 of the document, available here:

The presence of 6-MAM in the vitreous sample indicates that exposure to heroin took place. This compound (6-MAM) has a short half-life at approximately 2 hours. The detection of 6-MAM in the vitreous sample with the absence of 6-MAM in other tissue samples suggests that there was an exposure to heroin, but that the dose and time of exposure cannot be pinpointed. Therefore we cannot establish the significance of heroin regarding the cause of death in this case.

Who cares! She's dead and how she died really does not matter. She had problems most of her life and never said any different. There is also a lot of uninformed information being bandied about by people who don't have a clue about they are talking about.

Who cares! She's dead and how she died really does not matter. She had problems most of her life and never said any different. There is also a lot of uninformed information being bandied about by people who don't have a clue about they are talking about.

In all candor, I think Carrie would care. As you note, she was quite open and unashamed about her struggles with both drug and mental health issues, and the interrelated effect each of those problems had on exacerbating the other. While there is no need to "reevaluate her worth as a person" based on how she died, I personally don't think the fact of her relapse and its possible role in her heart attack would be something she would hide or sweep under the rug if she had survived and had a say in the matter.

M

To be honest before this toxicology report came out I thought her heart attack was likely brought due to poor diet, drinking soda, and smoking.

(raises hand)

Generally agreed, But it may be a mistake to conflate the fact that she went through a case (or whatever) of Coke a day with "drank a case of Coke a day" (which would be a phenomenally bad thing to do). Whether it was in the "Bright Lights" documentary or somewhere else, I thought she said her deal was that she had to have an ice-cold Coke at all times - with the upshot being that she would open a Coke, drink a bit, then chuck it in favor of a fresh one when it started to be anything less than "ice-cold". I seem to remember her mentioning all of the Cokes lying around that had only had a few sips taken from them before being discarded in favor of a fresh one.

(Sort of like people who take only a puff or two of a cigarette but light a whole pack or more during the day. It will still get you in the long run - but is very different from what we commonly associate with "a pack a day smoker".)

M

Actually, except for alcohol Keith has been clean and sober for more than 30 years now. Even he couldn't have survived this long if he was still doing the harder drugs.

How do you explain William S. Burroughs? That guy was shooting heroin right up to his death at the age of 83.

...Addiction is a disease...

Disagree. I've known enough drug addicts to know that addiction is a symptom of a disease.
The real underlying issue is mental health. As long as mental health continues going unaddressed and untreated, addicts will continue self-destructing.
I can't count how many people I've known who have been in 12-step programs - where addiction is treated as a disease - who have relapsed and ultimately died because their real issue - their mental health - was never confronted or even acknowledged.

Last edited:
Thats EXACTLY what i am saying.

Ask any nutrionist, Doctor, or diatician, :rolleyes

That crap is poision PERIOD

OK, I'll make you a deal. You start shooting heroin, sniffing coke and popping ecstasy pills every day and I'll drink a coke every day. We'll see who dies first. :rolleyes

OK, I'll make you a deal. You start shooting heroin, sniffing coke and popping ecstasy pills every day and I'll drink a coke every day. We'll see who dies first. :rolleyes
Careful, he is a cyclist, probably(definitely) shops at whole foods, and is friends with Bryancd, you wont win this argument. :lol

(sarcasm and kidding font needed. I have nothing but love for Apollo and Bryancd)

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back