Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack...

Just heard about this. I certainly hope for the best. 2016 is being a real bugger.

OH NO!

I hope she will pull through needless to say LOTS of thoughts and prayers are being sent her way

I really hope she makes it, Alan Rickman was a bad enough start to the year, let's not try and bookend it with another tragedy. All my thoughts are with her.

At the minute the BBC breaking news site seems to have the best information for anybody wanting to keep up to date.

As a physician, I'm trying not to read between the lines based on the limited info that we have.

My best wishes for her; been watching her film roles since Summer 1977. They are saying "cardiac arrest" but that can be a general term. Sudden loss of consciousness and passing out can come from multiple issues, such as:

1) Acute myocardial infarction, "heart attack"
2) Stroke
3) Pulmonary embolism (blood clot in the lungs)
4) Leaking or ruptured aneurysm
5) Acute toxicity (drug overdose), although this is not normally a "sudden" thing where you are just fine one moment and unconscious the next.

...having said that, and not to sound morbid, but this could completely change the course of Episodes 8 and 9. And you know that Lucasfilm is shocked at the moment, for myriad reasons. People being told to go look at entertainment contracts and insurance policies about right now...

God bless Carrie. Speedy recovery!

I hope there will be an escape for the princess this time.

2016 has been a cruel year, it needs to show mercy.

supposedly she is in critical condition, does not sound good

**** 2016, like, seriously!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Totally agree, this year has really sucked for so many reasons for me.

My my prayers go out to Carrie and her family. Hope she pulls through.

Chris

Just saw this news and needless to say I'm saddened beyond belief. I really hope she pulls through, but the way this year has gone I'm not optimistic about it. Thoughts and prayers are with her.

I hate to say this, but could it be drug related? Or just natural causes? Man...what a bummer.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back