Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Yeah I know... I had a full on Star Wars day on New Years Eve (bugger all else on to Watch). I watched them all... all 4 that is. And the burbs. She'll be in our daily do's for a long time to come..... so so missed.

I met Carrie just 3 months ago, at New York Comic Con and got her autograph.
She was so nice and funny and real. I was having a pretty crappy day. Probably, the worst day of my year.
Meeting her made me so so happy.

I honestly thought she was going to pull through.
When I heard of her passing, I couldn't believe it. I cried. I still cry and feel like a little part of me left, with her.
She was a big part of my childhood and in some ways, she was more of a mother than my actual mother.
I grew up with her. I feel like I lost a best friend.

and it's totally different, when you meet them, in person and get to know them, even if it's just a little bit.
Especially HER. It wasn't just a "Hi. how are you?" and send you on your way. It was a totally different experience.
I didn't decide to do the photo op with her. I thought "another time, I'll see her again, someday" and that is my biggest regret.
The last thing she told me was that she was going to take a long nap. :cry
I wish I could go back in time and give her a big hug.
but I will cherish my memory and will be forever thankful and appreciate how lucky I am.

Someone recently said, "What are they going to do for episode 9 now?"
I didn't even cross my mind, until then. I wasn't thinking about Leia. I was just thinking about Carrie.
She didn't finish her work and that just hurts even more. Her site says they were going to open a shop with shirts of her dog, Gary.
and her book just came out..

All I can say is she didn't deserve to die. She was too young and meant so much to so many.
I know she didn't exactly take care of herself. Especially, drinking all those cans of Coca-Cola each day.

I am just watching all her interviews, now. It looks like she was getting more and more tired in each interview, leading up to recently.
Her breathing sounded very labored in November. The last interview being on the Graham Norton show in December.

Maybe if she got to a hospital sooner, it would have been a different outcome..
It just sucks so much. She just saw Rogue One and was heading home for the holidays.

The world isn't fair. Her death made me question the point of it all, ya know?
Even made me question why I am even collecting prop replicas.

Wherever you are, Carrie, know that you are loved and that you are missed.
Rest in peace, princess and thank you.
May the force be with you.. always

15676027_10154252791218753_6814101706118031508_o.jpg

15676027_10154252791218753_6814101706118031508_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Part of me felt this news shouldn't be handed out... but then at the same time, awareness is key. It helps no one to think she just had a heart attack, or it was just old age. These drugs and the crazy way they can destroy your life shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

Episode 9 could have been her movie... but the grip of addiction choked her out.

I'm bummed this was the case, but people do need to know.

Damn, Carrie.

Glad you have peace from that BS.

I figured at this stage of her life she had given up the recreational drugs and was probably just using prescription meds. If she had heroin, cocaine and ecstasy in her system it's no surprise what happened to her...and on top of all that she smoked like a damn chimney. Hopefully others will learn from her mistakes.

I figured at this stage of her life she had given up the recreational drugs and was probably just using prescription meds. If she had heroin, cocaine and ecstasy in her system it's no surprise what happened to her...and on top of all that she smoked like a damn chimney. Hopefully others will learn from her mistakes.

And drank a case of Coke per day.

With some drugs the toxicology results cannot really tell between a legal or illegal version of it. You can pretty much get heroin in a pill from a pharmacy these days. Etc. We'll never know the whole lowdown.

As for whether this stuff should have been made public - Carrie herself was never shy about publicly admitting her drug problems.

I don't think it should've been made public. It could've been surmised, but nothing to be gained by making a sad story even sadder. I don't think the whole PSA thing has any effect, thinking people will somehow learn from her mistakes. Addicts are addicts. Famous people have been dying of substance issues for as long as the two have existed. I don't believe celebrity deaths make anyone stop and think twice. It is what it is. It's a shame this info can be made public. She and her family deserve to be afforded their dignity. Heart attack. Enough said. Sad.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back