Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Key thing that no one has mentioned was that she had serious mental issues that had a hand in her addictions.

Regardless she lived her life her way and on her terms and it does not make me Love her any less but more.

Carrie you left the party way too soon and we Love and miss you so so very much :(

Carrie Fisher was by her own admission a drug addict.

The flame that burns twice as bright.....burns half as long.

She made 60....most addicts don't last half as long.

Life always wins....

I don't think it should've been made public. It could've been surmised, but nothing to be gained by making a sad story even sadder. I don't think the whole PSA thing has any effect, thinking people will somehow learn from her mistakes. Addicts are addicts. Famous people have been dying of substance issues for as long as the two have existed. I don't believe celebrity deaths make anyone stop and think twice. It is what it is. It's a shame this info can be made public. She and her family deserve to be afforded their dignity. Heart attack. Enough said. Sad.

I don't think celebrity deaths make very many people think twice.

But still, the news of their drug troubles is the only thing to counter-balance the way celebrities inadvertently glorify drugs. Otherwise-likable celebs are constantly getting arrested for drugs, overdosing, musicians sing about drugs, etc. IMO the more public a person's drug use is, the more public the harm should be too.

I don't think because they are deemed a precious ceirbrity from ones favorite film should excuse them from having details leaked. If she wanted to dance with the Devil and play roulette with multiple drugs, then it deserves to be public knowledge. Celebrities shouldn't get a pass to have detailed hidden.

Regardless of This new news it hasn't changed my opinion of her. Still love her to death and will always be my princess...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Addiction is addiction. Once you got it, you would be an addict for the rest of your life. The drive to use the drug would always be there, gnawing down your will.
Heroin and cocaine are the hardest ones, or so I have been told - you could have stayed away from the drug for decades and then relapse.
It was already well known that she was a former user - an addict - so the risk of a relapse has always been there.
The situation is just sad.

I don't think because they are deemed a precious ceirbrity from ones favorite film should excuse them from having details leaked. If she wanted to dance with the Devil and play roulette with multiple drugs, then it deserves to be public knowledge. Celebrities shouldn't get a pass to have detailed hidden.
Dude she was dancing with multiple devils. Aside from meth, those are the worst drugs you can do, all at once?! Thats insane! It almost makes me wonder if she committed suicide. Its crazy. I dont have a lot of sympathy for drug users to be honest. Its one thing to suffer from mental illness, which is of course sad, but there are medications and methods to combat it, but those types of drugs? Hard to have sympathy for someone that does hardcore, life ruining stuff like that.
@Bryancd Is that true about the coke thing? Did she have diabetes too?

I'm not aware if she was diabetic but she constantly had a coke in her hand, she even admits to sneaking them by her personal trainer on TFA.

Dude she was dancing with multiple devils. Aside from meth, those are the worst drugs you can do, all at once?! Thats insane! It almost makes me wonder if she committed suicide. Its crazy. I dont have a lot of sympathy for drug users to be honest. Its one thing to suffer from mental illness, which is of course sad, but there are medications and methods to combat it, but those types of drugs? Hard to have sympathy for someone that does hardcore, life ruining stuff like that.
@Bryancd Is that true about the coke thing? Did she have diabetes too?

You do realize that oxycodone and oxycontin are basically legal heroin, right?

You do realize that oxycodone and oxycontin are basically legal heroin, right?
The operative word there is legal. And yes, Im well aware of that. I doubt if it was of the medical variety they would have said that. Who knows, it could have been a bunch of poppy seed bagels she ate right? ;)

The operative word there is legal. And yes, Im well aware of that. I doubt if it was of the medical variety they would have said that. Who knows, it could have been a bunch of poppy seed bagels she ate right? ;)

Actually I'd argue the exact opposite... the headline itself says "Heroin"... but the excerpts from the coroner's report says "opiates" so it could well have been oxycodone or oxycontin with People running with the sensationalistic headline...

Actually I'd argue the exact opposite... the headline itself says "Heroin"... but the excerpts from the coroner's report says "opiates" so it could well have been oxycodone or oxycontin with People running with the sensationalistic headline...

this may not be true, but i thought it was always very hard to find cocaine in someones system, because it leaves so quickly? i know when i was working union we had random drug tests. i never did drugs so i had nothing to fear. a co worker loved coke, and he would NEVER get caught... i dont get it

There have also been numerous studies regarding the potential use of ecstasy to treat conditions like anxiety-based mental illnesses. The point being that most of the substances in her system could have been prescribed in some way, so let's not instantly jump to conclusions, yeah?

The point being that most of the substances in her system could have been prescribed in some way, so let's not instantly jump to conclusions, yeah?

I agree, but I also think it is irresponsible for a doctor to prescribe the opiates to someone who has had an addition problem in the past. Of course, thats assuming the doctor knew her history. Also assuming that there were no other alternatives to treat her condition.

There have also been numerous studies regarding the potential use of ecstasy to treat conditions like anxiety-based mental illnesses. The point being that most of the substances in her system could have been prescribed in some way, so let's not instantly jump to conclusions, yeah?

I actually just saw a show on NatGeo that said they were doing research on using Ecstasy on soldiers who have PTSD. It sounds like they have just recently allowed certain drugs to be researched for medical reasons. I remember one show saying that certain drugs classified at a certain level made them unavailable for research.

I was flipping through channels last night and I saw that Access Hollywood show doing a story on this and Carrie's daughter put out a statement you can Google, that said basically that her mom would have wanted this out there to help educate people on what can happen with drug addiction and how people with mental illness often use drugs to self medicate.

I agree, but I also think it is irresponsible for a doctor to prescribe the opiates to someone who has had an addition problem in the past. Of course, thats assuming the doctor knew her history. Also assuming that there were no other alternatives to treat her condition.

It absolutely is. However, even with the new regulations to make it harder, there are still doctors who are little more than prescription mills and will write any sort of prescription you want for the right money.

MDMA had a clinical use before it became a street drug. The pendulum is now swinging back around, and the FDA is indeed doing clinical trials to treat PTSD. There is also research which suggests it can aid in substance abuse treatment.

On the other hand, a burner friend told me the other day that cocaine helps extend the effects of ecstasy....¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back