Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack...

Everyone should go listen to Paul Simon's song "SHE MOVES ON" which he wrote about her after their relationship ended. The lyrics really take on a new meaning now.

She went into cardiac arrest and underwent CPR but we don't have any idea how much perfusion was lost to her brain when she went down. We can only hope she had CPR delivered optimally because that's not always the case - especially under pressure. Under the circumstances a degree of brain damage would be expected. I pray for Carrie. And I'm praying for a miracle.

I'm glad they got her to a hospital in time, in the air has to be one of the worst places, and hopefully she pulls thru over the next few days.

this is just plain old depressing.

But considering this poor soldiers medical conditions of the past, i'm quite honestly surprised nothing like this has happened sooner... sigh.

2015 started with taking James Avery away from us right off the bat. 2016 can't end like this.

Who will save your skins now:( this is so upsetting I can't remember having felt this way since events like the Spaces huttle blew up or Princess Diana :cry

She went into cardiac arrest and underwent CPR but we don't have any idea how much perfusion was lost to her brain when she went down. We can only hope she had CPR delivered optimally because that's not always the case - especially under pressure. Under the circumstances a degree of brain damage would be expected. I pray for Carrie. And I'm praying for a miracle.

I'm glad they got her to a hospital in time, in the air has to be one of the worst places, and hopefully she pulls thru over the next few days.

I totally agree and is why I my self don't fly ever since I've had Lung issues and was also diagnosed with more COPD problems this year "in 2016" which
seem to either have had "extreme good" things or "extreme bad" things happen... Just Black and White with no Grey area it seems.

I'm personally fed up with a lack of medical staff on Airplanes, and I do apologize if that comment was out of line but this is just upsetting news.

I'm gonna quote Adam Hills on The Last Leg who said this, live, tonight when they heard (Fisher has been on the show and all the hosts hit it off with her)
"Don't you ****ing dare, 2016... don't you ****ing​ dare"
And this was just after the viewers had voted 2016 as 'Dick of the Year' (beating 3 politicians)

I just heard an excellent interview with her on NPR. I hope she pulls through!

Just saw a CBC news tweet that her brother clarified to Reuters "I am not saying she is fine, or not fine. She is in the ICU," and that the info came from her assistant.

That's a relief

Had us worried there, your highnessness

J
FYI. "Stable condition" doesn't mean she's better. It just means she's no longer being actively resuscitated. She could be stable while dependent on a ventilator or with brain damage. She's far from out of the woods as far as we know.

FYI. "Stable condition" doesn't mean she's better. It just means she's no longer being actively resuscitated. She could be stable while dependent on a ventilator or with brain damage. She's far from out of the woods as far as we know.

The difficulty is that hospitals tend to couch their language and while there is some consistency in information provided the terms used for the public tend to differ from those used in clinical patient discussions. The one big positive from the information available is that CPR was started early and spontaneous circulation appears to have occurred without pharmacological intervention - then again we don't know how much of what has been said publicly is what actually occurred

glad to hear she's recovering. this has not been a good year, good by 2016, heres hoping 2017 is a better one.

may the force be with you ms fisher

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back