Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack...

I don't see Lucasfilm doing any extra CGI-ing of Leia over this. The RO stuff is a different situation.

Peter Cushing has been gone for 20 years and his absence would have stuck out badly.

Doing younger Leia in RO wasn't very controversial by 2016 standards. The list of popular actors who have gotten that treatment is getting longer all the time.

I don't see Lucasfilm doing any extra CGI-ing of Leia over this. The RO stuff is a different situation.

Peter Cushing has been gone for 20 years and his absence would have stuck out badly.

Doing younger Leia in RO wasn't very controversial by 2016 standards. The list of popular actors who have gotten that treatment is getting longer all the time.

And I think with this generation, not many people even know who Peter Cushing even was. The only movie I have ever seen him in was ANH. Everyone knows who Carrie Fisher is.

If, god forbid, she passes, I hope Lucasfilm has the good taste and decency not to CGI her into EP 9. That would be so morbid and tacky.

On the one hand, they did this with Phillip Seymour Hoffman for Mockingjay, because his role was too crucial to the story to work around. As an alternative, The Crow was re-edited and some different pickup scenes shot to work around Brandon Lee dying, with no stand-ins or the like.

In this case, Episode VIII finished principal photography last July. Barring re-shoots, Leia's role in that film is a lock. Worst case scenario, depending on Leia's arc in that film, Episode IX could either not show her and only mention her in passing, or they might have footage from the Episode VIII shoot that would work better in IX, or she has a delayed breakdown after her son killed her husband and we only see her unconscious in a medical bed or bacta tank, or...

Point is, they have options besides CGI. I'm not worried about the films. Just Carrie. I know from my own experience, from spending a week sedated in ICU on a ventilator, starting out from a Code Blue emergency where, had I not already been in the hospital, I'd not have made it, from blood oxygen saturation being around 36% at lowest... A person can bounce back from such straits. My biggest concern is how badly age, past chemical abuse, and whatever ECT has done to her brain might have rendered her... less bouncy than I was. All my hopes are with her.

--Jonah

from blood oxygen saturation being around 36% at lowest...

--Jonah

Holy fudge cake! That is like going up to death's door, run inside, and come back out again. An extremely scary thing, seeing as how you can die at any moment if you go under 60% :eek
My mom's been at 62% once. It is NOT pretty. Lack of oxygen is no joke :(

Glad to have you still around.

C'mon Carrie! Gary needs you.

So sad...=( My daughter has been watching return of the jedi all week she is her favorite princess

Confirmed on the bbc news.... she has passed. ******** it..... now I'm on a real bummer. Watching all starwars tomorrow and getting drunk. Might sneak in a little blues brothers and the burbs along the way....vgutted..... just gutted.

R.I.P. Carrie..... you will be so so missed.... especially by Gary....:(:cry

I think it's official that 2016 has struck again, several other magazines are reporting Fisher's death, including The Hollywood Reporter.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back