Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack...

I hope she'll be alright. I'll pray for her. Carrie Fisher is the original Tough Chick, she inspired so many women to be strong. She is a great role model that showed the movie industry woman could and should be heroes and people will see those movies. She can't go, her work is not done...

In the recent NPR interview she went over how she had gone through a lot with her mother's health issues lately. She cannot go before Debbie...

FYI. "Stable condition" doesn't mean she's better. It just means she's no longer being actively resuscitated. She could be stable while dependent on a ventilator or with brain damage. She's far from out of the woods as far as we know.
Too true. My brother had a heart attack in 1984 while he was at the gym. They got him to the hospital and were able to "stabilize" him, and he was in good spirits when my wife and I visited him the next day. He died that night, almost exactly 24 hours after the initial attack.

So while "stable condition" is better than "critical condition", I'd say she's not quite out of the woods just yet.

Man, this does not sound good at all. :(

She has a history of cocaine. IMO that stuff seems to raise the risk of sudden heart stoppages even years after quitting it.

10 minutes is a long time without breathing.

Her brother made a point of retracting the only reassuring words we've seen about her condition.

And 2016 isn't over yet.

Its hard to get an accurate detail of events. I have been a professional firefighter/EMT-A for over a decade and peoples recollection of time/events isn't always accurate. Recently we had a woman call the Chief because she was so upset it took us 30 minutes to respond to her husband's medical emergency. Dispatch looked at the response times and it was 6 minutes. We have been dispatched to a cardiac arrest and to my surprise the person was sleeping and woke up as I pulled them off the couch to start CPR. What I'm getting at is people, especially bystanders sometimes have a hard time recounting what they experienced accurately.

I really do hope she is in stable condition and makes a full recovery.

Please, Carrie don't leave us so soon... This year was really bad for me and for everybody else and we can't lose you too... :(

May The Force Be With You Princess. I'm sending my prayers to her and her family.

If, god forbid, she passes., I hope Lucasfilm has the good taste and decency not to CGI her into EP 9. That would be so morbid and tacky.

that was my first fear.

my guess is, the episode would start out with a shuttle explosion or something....

If, heaven forbid, Carrie were to be unavailable for Ep VIII I think the most tasteful treatment would be to just refer to her and not even have a stand-in - even in the shadows or from behind because it would only be a painful reminder of why we don't see her. And of course no CGI.

I read her brother released a statement saying she was in stable condition.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back