Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P.

The best one I've seen yet.
15726981_1384524738245143_7267730428345739242_n.jpg

This is a big wake up call to most of us in our 30s and up as not only did we lose 2 icons but it reminds us to take time and give our parents and grandparents an extra hug. Carrie was 5 years younger than my folks and my aunt died at 71 or so last year so that's a big wake up call. Sadly the years to come won't be any better to our childhoods and heroes. All we can do is, if we see them at a con, is to let them know how appreciated they are. For a lot of us in some odd way their characters have become part of the family like distant aunts and uncles we tell our kids about and show off their accomplishments.
I just hope that both Carrie and Patty Duke are remembered not only for their movies and tv work but for all the work they did as mental health advocates, they were found to have it at around the same time in the 80s, and that their memory will be carried on by those of us who suffer from not just bipolar disorder but all mental health issues.

Watching the 20/20 special last night was really a nice way to see how Todd could convey the final days of Debbie. His words were something like: "it's beautiful and terrible". I find solace in that. Death can be beautiful and while I'm sure the road ahead for Billie and Todd won't be easy, I feel that they will draw strength from others and that their Mother / Grandmother / Sister are together. Todd's interview was extremely lucid and peaceful. He even said how his mother hadn't been inconsolable, but just wanted to be with Carrie.

In some selfish way it actually helped me to know that, at least to the public, they seem to be going to be ok.

No. Just no! She's barely cold and you're trying to replace her. There is no young Leia backstory. Three seconds of cgi is more than enough. Carrie Fisher was and always will be Leia Organa.

Not at all! It was not intending to replacing her. I was just doing a montage relating to the conversation we had. I am really saddened by her death. And I know she will be the only Leia. We were just pointing out a physical resemblance that's all.

We lost our Princes and her mother a day later I feel such a loss for her family and ours. I cried for her and her mother as I grew up with both of them in films and in our hearts !

I watched ANH last night and man. I knew Carrie was pretty, but there are some scenes where she is ****ing gorgeous. Such a bummer. I totally didnt well up at the end either, so if any of you say that I did, youre liars.

she's looking quite good in alot of of these photos up until about mid 2006 or so. and alot of the photos in the last year just look weird :/...
but when you live the life she lead......it'll catch up with anyone..

i think itwas a cross between carrie, bonnie, or marina sirtis as first hollywood crush :)

This is a big wake up call to most of us in our 30s and up as not only did we lose 2 icons but it reminds us to take time and give our parents and grandparents an extra hug. Carrie was 5 years younger than my folks and my aunt died at 71 or so last year so that's a big wake up call. Sadly the years to come won't be any better to our childhoods and heroes. All we can do is, if we see them at a con, is to let them know how appreciated they are. For a lot of us in some odd way their characters have become part of the family like distant aunts and uncles we tell our kids about and show off their accomplishments.
I just hope that both Carrie and Patty Duke are remembered not only for their movies and tv work but for all the work they did as mental health advocates, they were found to have it at around the same time in the 80s, and that their memory will be carried on by those of us who suffer from not just bipolar disorder but all mental health issues.

True words. Appreciate your loved ones while you can. Show your screen hero's your appreciation at cons, and may I add, try to make a positive difference in the lives of people.

Social Justice Warriors attack steve martin...sigh.
How to **** these people off. sometimes beautiful people don't have a smart, sassy and intelligent mind and are dumb or ugly inside ;o)

What I do find nice a bout all these tributes is the star trek people joining in and showing sci fi solidarity. it's rather nice.

- - - Updated - - -

i had no idea that she and dan aykroyd where engaged for a short time. imagine the merging of ghostbusters and star wars :).

now i have to look up this celebrity ghost story thing.

I didn't know dan ackroyd and carrie were engaged. I'll have to google that.
People like Shatter etc. Met Carrie at numerous cons. Glad to see the support too.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back