Subscribe
    Jan 3, 2017, 1:02 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #301

Just watched TFA. I teared up when she walked out of the transport. It's just now really sinking in that she's gone.
  2. RPF Premium Member doppelganger's Avatar
    From
    UK
    Jan 3, 2017, 2:04 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #302

Yeah I know... I had a full on Star Wars day on New Years Eve (bugger all else on to Watch). I watched them all... all 4 that is. And the burbs. She'll be in our daily do's for a long time to come..... so so missed.
    From
    The Medusa Cascade
    Jan 3, 2017, 3:40 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #303

I met Carrie just 3 months ago, at New York Comic Con and got her autograph.
    She was so nice and funny and real. I was having a pretty crappy day. Probably, the worst day of my year.
    Meeting her made me so so happy.

I honestly thought she was going to pull through.
    When I heard of her passing, I couldn't believe it. I cried. I still cry and feel like a little part of me left, with her.
    She was a big part of my childhood and in some ways, she was more of a mother than my actual mother.
    I grew up with her.
    I feel like I lost a best friend.

and it's totally different, when you meet them, in person and get to know them, even if it's just a little bit.
    Especially HER. It wasn't just a "Hi. how are you?" and send you on your way. It was a totally different experience.
    I didn't decide to do the photo op with her. I thought "another time, I'll see her again, someday" and that is my biggest regret.
    The last thing she told me was that she was going to take a long nap.
    I wish I could go back in time and give her a big hug.
    but I will cherish my memory and will be forever thankful and appreciate how lucky I am.

Someone recently said, "What are they going to do for episode 9 now?"
    I didn't even cross my mind, until then. I wasn't thinking about Leia. I was just thinking about Carrie.
    She didn't finish her work and that just hurts even more.
    Her site says they were going to open a shop with shirts of her dog, Gary.
    and her book just came out..

All I can say is she didn't deserve to die. She was too young and meant so much to so many.
    I know she didn't exactly take care of herself. Especially, drinking all those cans of Coca-Cola each day.

I am just watching all her interviews, now. It looks like she was getting more and more tired in each interview, leading up to recently.
    Her breathing sounded very labored in November. The last interview being on the Graham Norton show in December.

Maybe if she got to a hospital sooner, it would have been a different outcome..
    It just sucks so much. She just saw Rogue One and was heading home for the holidays.

The world isn't fair. Her death made me question the point of it all, ya know?
    Even made me question why I am even collecting prop replicas.

Wherever you are, Carrie, know that you are loved and that you are missed.
    Rest in peace, princess and thank you.
    May the force be with you.. always

15676027_10154252791218753_6814101706118031508_o.jpg
    Last edited by JKRIB; Jan 3, 2017 at 3:51 PM.
  4. RPF Premium Member Remote People's Avatar
    Jan 3, 2017, 6:24 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #304

Mark Hamill wrote a lovely note about her...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...t-column-96017
    From
    India
    Jan 6, 2017, 5:07 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #305

Carrie Fisher's Urn Is a Huge Prozac Pill | Hollywood Reporter
    Even in death, she continues to be funny.
    From
    Madison, WI
    Jan 6, 2017, 5:15 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #306

I really hope that's not a photoshopped photo, because that is awesome.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    Jan 6, 2017, 7:42 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #307

Vivek said: View Post
    That is so amazing, I burst out laughing while waiting in line for takeaway. The world is a little darker without her in it, but at least the family is doing their best to keep her light shining just a little longer.
  8. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    Jan 6, 2017, 9:09 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #308

From beyond the grave she still has us laughing....
  9. Wes R is offline Wes R
    Formerly cobalt crimson
    Jan 6, 2017, 9:23 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #309

Kylash said: View Post
    I really hope that's not a photoshopped photo, because that is awesome.
    Nope it's real. She bought the thing years ago and they figured they'd have it turned into an urn for her since she was so fond of it.
    From
    Southern California
    Jan 6, 2017, 11:36 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #310

Vivek said: View Post
    Yet another reason to love Carrie Fisher.
  11. Formerly known as Vegeta JoMamma_Smurf's Avatar
    From
    St. Pete, FL
    Jan 7, 2017, 2:06 AM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #311

I laughed my ass off!! Damn I wish I would have found out about how funny she is so much sooner!!!
  12. RPF Premium Member CessnaDriver's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 12:11 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #312

Not so good update.......

Carrie Fisher Had Heroin, Cocaine in System When She Died, Report Reveals — As Daughter Billie Releases Emotional Statement
    http://people.com/movies/carrie-fisher-toxicology-report/

PEOPLE obtained official documents from the Los Angeles County coroner’s office on Monday that reveal the late actress had cocaine, methadone, ethanol and opiates in her system
  13. RPF Premium Member NeoRutty's Avatar
    From
    Vancouver, BC. Canada
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 12:32 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #313

Part of me felt this news shouldn't be handed out... but then at the same time, awareness is key. It helps no one to think she just had a heart attack, or it was just old age. These drugs and the crazy way they can destroy your life shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

Episode 9 could have been her movie... but the grip of addiction choked her out.

I'm bummed this was the case, but people do need to know.

Damn, Carrie.

Glad you have peace from that BS.
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 1:58 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #314

15. RPF Premium Member Monkey67's Avatar
    From
    313 D-Town ( Detroit )
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 2:11 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #315

Yeah...you can't do a Billy Mays special and think you'll live. Oh well a lesson for everyone to learn by. RIP Carrie
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 5:32 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #316

I figured at this stage of her life she had given up the recreational drugs and was probably just using prescription meds. If she had heroin, cocaine and ecstasy in her system it's no surprise what happened to her...and on top of all that she smoked like a damn chimney. Hopefully others will learn from her mistakes.
  17. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 6:01 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #317

Well...no one can say she didn't live the way she wanted.
    From
    Scottsdale, AZ
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 6:07 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #318

Brent M said: View Post
    I figured at this stage of her life she had given up the recreational drugs and was probably just using prescription meds. If she had heroin, cocaine and ecstasy in her system it's no surprise what happened to her...and on top of all that she smoked like a damn chimney. Hopefully others will learn from her mistakes.
    And drank a case of Coke per day.
  19. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 8:42 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #319

With some drugs the toxicology results cannot really tell between a legal or illegal version of it. You can pretty much get heroin in a pill from a pharmacy these days. Etc. We'll never know the whole lowdown.

As for whether this stuff should have been made public - Carrie herself was never shy about publicly admitting her drug problems.
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 10:32 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #320

I don't think it should've been made public. It could've been surmised, but nothing to be gained by making a sad story even sadder. I don't think the whole PSA thing has any effect, thinking people will somehow learn from her mistakes. Addicts are addicts. Famous people have been dying of substance issues for as long as the two have existed. I don't believe celebrity deaths make anyone stop and think twice. It is what it is. It's a shame this info can be made public. She and her family deserve to be afforded their dignity. Heart attack. Enough said. Sad.
  21. RPF Premium Member
    From
    Launch Bay Alpha
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 10:46 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #321

Key thing that no one has mentioned was that she had serious mental issues that had a hand in her addictions.

Regardless she lived her life her way and on her terms and it does not make me Love her any less but more.

Carrie you left the party way too soon and we Love and miss you so so very much
    From
    Seattle, WA
    1 Week Ago  Jun 19, 2017, 11:39 PM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #322

I feel like Carrie would have wanted the news shared. She was super-candid about her addictions and her struggles with her mental illness. This news doesn't make me love her any less. She is, and always will be, my Princess and my General.
    From
    Heartbreak Ridge
    1 Week Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 1:43 AM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #323

Carrie Fisher was by her own admission a drug addict.

The flame that burns twice as bright.....burns half as long.

She made 60....most addicts don't last half as long.

Life always wins....
  24. Member Since
    Jul 2012
    1 Week Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 2:23 AM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #324

I don't think it should've been made public. It could've been surmised, but nothing to be gained by making a sad story even sadder. I don't think the whole PSA thing has any effect, thinking people will somehow learn from her mistakes. Addicts are addicts. Famous people have been dying of substance issues for as long as the two have existed. I don't believe celebrity deaths make anyone stop and think twice. It is what it is. It's a shame this info can be made public. She and her family deserve to be afforded their dignity. Heart attack. Enough said. Sad.
    I don't think celebrity deaths make very many people think twice.

But still, the news of their drug troubles is the only thing to counter-balance the way celebrities inadvertently glorify drugs. Otherwise-likable celebs are constantly getting arrested for drugs, overdosing, musicians sing about drugs, etc. IMO the more public a person's drug use is, the more public the harm should be too.
  25. P.I.F.? IT'S ALIVE!!!! RPF Premium Member Moviefreak's Avatar
    From
    Orlando Florida
    1 Week Ago  Jun 20, 2017, 6:29 AM - Re: Carrie Fisher had a heart attack... R.I.P. #325

I don't think because they are deemed a precious ceirbrity from ones favorite film should excuse them from having details leaked. If she wanted to dance with the Devil and play roulette with multiple drugs, then it deserves to be public knowledge. Celebrities shouldn't get a pass to have detailed hidden.