Rubies to RO (Supreme Edition Mods)

Re: My 1:1 Vader - mods started

actually you've seen mine and commented in my thread ;)! Will update that soon too. Hope to get to painting in the next few weeks. I took one of the side vents/tusks off and took it to a paintshop to get them to custom mix me a gun metal grey that matches what EFX used :)

Re: Rubies Vader bucket mods (formerly My 1:1 Vader)

actually you've seen mine and commented in my thread ;)! Will update that soon too. Hope to get to painting in the next few weeks. I took one of the side vents/tusks off and took it to a paintshop to get them to custom mix me a gun metal grey that matches what EFX used :)

Lol didn't realize that was you! As for paint, I will use this:
View attachment 723402
It looks pretty good for a Vader, better than that duplicolor stuff that you have to sand sparkles out of IMO.
And for a cheap stand for your retooled rubies, just use a paper towel holder from Walmart with a styrofoam head from Michael's. I just unscrewed the metal piece on top, and slid the head on.

Found some good mesh for the mouth.
IMG_20170514_091529778.jpg
Thankfully I didn't throw the box out. It is an STP air filter model SA8960.
14947680847701756728537.jpg

Thanks...but Roxy Display is from the USA...could be too expensive to ship it to germany.

@TIGCreations Have you got a picture showing your helmet with the new dome position ?
Always thought that Ruble's were awful with that dome, I've seen lots of mods on TheRPF but I'm interested in yours :D

Last edited by a moderator:

See post #56 for that. It shows how i did it and how it looks. :)

@TIGCreations Have you got a picture showing your helmet with the new dome position ?
Always thought that Ruble's were awful with that dome, I've seen lots of mods on TheRPF but I'm interested in yours :D

Last edited by a moderator:

See post #56 for that. It shows how i did it and how it looks. :)

I've seen it already, I think I haven't been clear in my previous post... I thought of a picture (or pictures) showing your helmet not only by profile but also showing the face with another dome position.

hi there, initially did the dome repositioning as you did, but eventually cut off the whole dome mount and copied a method from another member ( forgot his name though) ;)

I've seen it already, I think I haven't been clear in my previous post... I thought of a picture (or pictures) showing your helmet not only by profile but also showing the face with another dome position.
I really didn't take any un-modded, so here is one from Mac's photo library.
Rubies-Deluxe-Helmet-Set_4.jpg

hi there, initially did the dome repositioning as you did, but eventually cut off the whole dome mount and copied a method from another member ( forgot his name though) ;)
Yeah, this method is kind of cumbersome, but it works.

Last edited:

Any updates on your Vader?

Lol, nope. I've given up on the Rubies lid and am probably going to mod an efx Vader lid to RO as it's a loooot closer. Plus, I need to fix the horrid job of painting the chest box. So, long-story-short, no.

Lol, nope. I've given up on the Rubies lid and am probably going to mod an efx Vader lid to RO as it's a loooot closer. Plus, I need to fix the horrid job of painting the chest box. So, long-story-short, no.

Rubies strikes again! LOL But you were doing so good in the beginning.

Rubies strikes again! LOL But you were doing so good in the beginning.

I know. It's just the moment you start filling stuff in the rest of the Bondo has to crack. Plus we didn't heat-shape it beforehand, so it'll be easier, more accurate, and cheaper to mod an EFX.

Re: EFX Vader bucket mods (formerly My 1:1 Vader / rubies mods)

Here is Darth with the EFX bucket.
IMG_20171118_185029290.jpg
I think it looks better than it used to with the rubies bucket. If you look closely you can see it in the background.

Re: EFX Vader bucket mods (formerly My 1:1 Vader / rubies mods)

The EFX looks out of the box so much better as the Rubies one.But I also saw great modded rubies helmets over the years.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back