Rubies to RO (Supreme Edition Mods)

Re: My 1:1 Vader - pics

:facepalm......Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!:lol

LOLLLL
Clearly you did not get my point my friend.

- - - Updated - - -

The Rubies is far from film quality, but it gets people into the hobby. With an EFX, i would argue they improve amazingly! Im doing the same project, just costume instead of statue. The first pic is an un modded rubies, the second with an EFX helmet added.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170313/9fa2d7ee5dee4e00a46d5817711ee57e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170313/6227d7441110908f59718de01a259fbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mmmmmmmm

I understood your point...ALF!It was only a joke...you and the other guy can like what you want.Many people don´t know the different vaderversions.;)

I also have a Rubies Supreme Costume.Made a ROTS-version from it.You can make a great ROTS from it if you buy a MR helmet(or a copy),paint the armor and build a new belt.

The Rubies is far from film quality, but it gets people into the hobby. With an EFX, i would argue they improve amazingly! Im doing the same project, just costume instead of statue. The first pic is an un modded rubies, the second with an EFX helmet added.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170313/9fa2d7ee5dee4e00a46d5817711ee57e.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170313/6227d7441110908f59718de01a259fbb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks great! How tall are you in it? That efx looks great. Me personally, I'll probably get a casting of a SPFX ESB and mod it to RO.
I also have a Rubies Supreme Costume.Made a ROTS-version from it.You can make a great ROTS from it if you buy a MR helmet(or a copy),paint the armor and build a new belt.
Yep. They're fun to mod, and to 90% of people, it looks screen used.

Thanks! I'm 6'2" with no lifts in the pic, so given boots and the helmet in the pic I'm probably 6'4". I am expecting with lifts to hit 6'6" in costume. For me its all about the cost element. I would buy the KevVader capeset, tailored full leather suit, and Stone helmet if it would somehow be affordable. In five to ten years I may actually do it, but for under a thousand bucks I say thats a nice Vader, plus I am really enjoying the process.

Thanks! I'm 6'2" with no lifts in the pic, so given boots and the helmet in the pic I'm probably 6'4". I am expecting with lifts to hit 6'6" in costume. For me its all about the cost element. I would buy the KevVader capeset, tailored full leather suit, and Stone helmet if it would somehow be affordable. In five to ten years I may actually do it, but for under a thousand bucks I say thats a nice Vader, plus I am really enjoying the process.

Agree, if I could I'd buy a Quasi with totally accurate gear, but then again the Quasi bucket itself would be more than the rubies costume cost.

I understood your point...ALF!It was only a joke...you and the other guy can like what you want.Many people don´t know the different vaderversions.;)

Haha I knew you were jokin, I was playfully replying ;).
Yeah don't get me wrong man, the differences of Vader between the movies is very apparent to me, it's just not going to prohibit me from thinking a relatively inaccurate jobbie is kickass hehe

- - - Updated - - -

Also- you said you made an ROTS version from it- if you used a mannequin what did you use? I'm looking to put one of these together and have absolutely no clue where to look, can't seem to find any 6'4 mannequins D:

Yeah don't get me wrong man, the differences of Vader between the movies is very apparent to me, it's just not going to prohibit me from thinking a relatively inaccurate jobbie is kickass hehe

- - - Updated - - -

Also- you said you made an ROTS version from it- if you used a mannequin what did you use? I'm looking to put one of these together and have absolutely no clue where to look, can't seem to find any 6'4 mannequins D:
I found a link to a 6'6" one. PM me for info.

A lot has happened over the weekend and I haven't had any time to post.

Anyways, woo! 1:1 Vader.

View attachment 692358

LOL i just noticed the doggie sniffin the box

Don't​ forget doggo #2!!
IMG_20170311_195224291.jpg

Oh, also! Did you get the XL or standard vader suit? I was thinking XL since it's a tall mannequin.

- - - Updated - - -

My mannequin is very bad.I bought it years ago from ebay.It stands only with one feed on a metalplate..and that not really solid.So I´m also looking for a new one.
My Vader is not together now...I have only the helmet and the armor as a bust.

28590267jw.jpg

My mannequin is very bad.I bought it years ago from ebay.It stands only with one feed on a metalplate..and that not really solid.So I´m also looking for a new one.
My Vader is not together now...I have only the helmet and the armor as a bust.

http://up.picr.de/28590267jw.jpg

That looks spectacular

- - - Updated - - -

That looks great, Mr. Kroenen. The mannequin, well, PM me for info.
Definitely PM this dude, he found an awesome mannequin.

Thanks guys..happy that you like it.:)
If I find a good mannequin I will post the source.

The Rubies is a great stand in and very inexpensive. I got mine for $475 including and FX lightsaber and boots. It's all in how you pose him that makes all the difference:. and YES, I know the belt boxes are upside down.

IMG_6385.JPG

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back