Batman Forever Functional Sonar Cowl

Prospekt

This is what I’ve been working on and off with for the past while. Finally glad to have it finished. I was lucky enough to pick up a Hard Copy of the Sonar Cowl with the Val Kilmer face built in.

I firstly cut the eyes out as the plan was to try and achieve the look of the cowl at the end of the film where the Sonar Eyes flip down and you see the Lenses with the grid/grill and LED eyes just as he throws the Sonar Batarang so of course the eyes had to go on this piece.

I then went to work on the dreaded... sand,filler,primer repeat lol, my OCD wouldn’t let me be happy with it until the last rough bump or pinhole was filled. But it was worth it for that super smooth finish.

I then painted it up with a final coat of primer before adding the Sonar silver pigments to the paint and giving it the final top coat you see in the pics. This is a display piece so I was happy enough doing this in a gloss finish.

Lastly I bought a pair of smoked sunglasses and removed the lenses and added the grill/grid effect with a steel silver sticker which I cut into fine lines to create a similar effect like that of the movie. For the LEDs I added some strips on the inside and blacked out the back of the lenses.

Happy to finally have this finished and to show you guys it. It was a lot of work and I’m happy with the final result and to be able to now have a functional Sonar Cowl and Belt.

Hope you like the pics.

EARLY SANDING AND PRIMER

FINAL PAINT ON COWL AND FACE PAINTED

LENSES AND LIGHT UP LED’s

REFERENCE OF ORIGINAL LENSES FROM FILM

33peqz8.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back