Evolution of the War-Machine

Screenshot_2016-12-20-20-30-33_zpsbv68mtkg.png

Creating a functional mechanical spine will be quite tricky.
1st it has to be functional.
2nd it has to be able to connect to the rest of the armour, torso, cod ect. while maintaining its original function.
3rd it has to look really badass.
Just some more REFERENCE pics to stir the creative juices...GMurdoch

I seriously love the amount of detail and craftsmanship that went into creating such an incredible looking piece, kind of sad that barely anything will be seen once the outside panels are on....
Yeah I thought so as well.
My build will have a different flare to it, to enhance the exoskeletal frame...

I am receiving plans on building a portable jewellers bench after the holidays. Once that is built I can get to work on the small mechanical parts. Hopefully I can make a mockup of the vertebrae soon. I will try a foam mockup first, then go to mdf. I'll make the largest first and trim down as I go. Going to try and have a video put together later on...GMurdoch

http://userblogs.ganoksin.com/larryseiger/2010/03/01/a-portable-jewelers-bench/
Above is the link for the bench
I'll be able to go to PropParties and do demo's with this. Larry is a genius...GMurdoch

Last edited:
I'm looking for perforated titanium sheet. Not titanium wire mesh. Hoping one of you fine folks know of a place. I'm having a difficult time trying to get some. Thanks in advance...GMurdoch

attachment_zpsveixtc6z.jpg

This is a shot of me at a metal shaping meet, just this past summer. Wheeling the steel to make a small fender. Had a blast and hope to get the invite in the new year. I own an English wheel now and will use the skills to help with my build...GMurdoch

20160416_193900_zpszt5cqmx2.jpg

These are the two pieces that I had worked on. It was a weekend event, sadly I only went just the one day. Next time I'll go for both...GMurdoch

Bloody marvellous seeing all the thought and research being put into this. It may seem like a slow start, but you'll be glad you did the hard yards before jumping the gun. I think this suit might well be one of the best in the world if you see it through. Be determined my friend.

SB

Bloody marvellous seeing all the thought and research being put into this. It may seem like a slow start, but you'll be glad you did the hard yards before jumping the gun. I think this suit might well be one of the best in the world if you see it through. Be determined my friend.

SB

First off Baz, how's your noggin. That looked bad.
Second, that is the best compliment I've received. For the most part I have thought that most folks see me as a hack of sorts. But my problem is that I am a compulsive obsessive kinda a guy. Once I get an idea in my head I just can't let it go. I only wanted to make one suit. This suit will be interchangeable in respects that I can upgrade or replace damaged parts. I have a small stack of books that I've been reading to give me a better understanding in relation to the mechanics. I will be using mechatronics which is used in robotics, also bicycle's and even jewelry. For the most part bikes and jewelry is what I know, some wood shop stuff as well but I am also incorporating guitar parts lol. Just read a book on anodizing as well, very good read. But everything I see, no matter where I am is research for my build. Even at bedtime ideas pop into my head and I have to wright them down, so I don't forget...GMurdoch

Last edited:
Screenshot_2016-12-12-20-18-09-1_zpsyueayhju.png

I was hoping to get 3 feet of this polyurethane elastomer hollow tube as I want to use it as discs in between the vertebrae. But at a price tag of $260. I'll mold my own thank you very much...GMurdoch

(...) my problem is that I am a compulsive obsessive kinda a guy. Once I get an idea in my head I just can't let it go. I only wanted to make one suit.
(...) everything I see, no matter where I am is research for my build. Even at bedtime ideas pop into my head and I have to wright them down, so I don't forget...GMurdoch

I didn't know I had a twin brother

As long as you're not selling your house to pay for the production costs you should be fine ;) your brother might just envy you a bit

As long as you're not selling your house to pay for the production costs you should be fine ;) your brother might just envy you a bit

First off, I rent lol.
But no my brother knows me. I became a jeweller out of spite. I was a cyclist and that obsession got me a bike that cost just over $10k. I believe that the only thing is that I am a perfectionist and really why not give it my all...GMurdoch

Noggin is fine mate.Head wounds put out a crap load of blood. It's a bit sore but no hole in my melon so it will heal.

Can't wait to see you get started mate. Take your time.

SB

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back