Purchased Superman MOS Suit enhancement help

Steveko89

Recently purchased this MOS suit (pic below) from a guy in the UK on ebay. Should arrive some time in the next week. I know it's not going to be a perfect replica, but I don't have the know-how, contacts, or financial justification to DIY something with printed fabric and have it sewn. I am concerned about the color of the emblem and that getting it to look closer to screen-accurate will go a long way in covering for the other short-comings of the rest of the suit; my thought was at the very least some metallic clearcoat would give it a less matte look. Per listings from other sellers the emblem and trim are urethane. I don't yet have it in hand so I'm unsure about being able to detach/reattach the emblem to modify without damaging the suit itself so I may be SOL or have to do some creative masking to protect the fabric. I'm also a little skeptical about the velcro for the cape attachments but that's a secondary concern to the emblem and I feel more well-equipped to tackle that sort of mod on my own.

All-in-all I'm looking for pointers, has anyone seen a suit like this, have experience painting urethane, attaching/detaching the emblem, etc. ?

Any and all help/suggestions are appreciated

Here's the link to the ended listing, shows a few stock photos I've seen elsewhere

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162306769379?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

s-l1600.jpg

That's a common suit. I used one briefly before my dye sub was ready.

I'd suggest removing the emblem completely (it comes off easily with a seam ripper because it's sewn on) and using a better one that you can purchase in the junkyard. You can also remove the gold buckle. I don't remember if the wrist and leg armor are removable, but you could overlay these with better, more prominent pieces. All of these can be found from various sellers in the junkyard or project run section of this forum.

Thanks for the insight, jrenemtz321. I reached out to screenprinter via e-mail and wasn't able to find anything else in the junkyard or project runs, not much recent activity on screenprinter's thread either. I was able to find a few emblem/trim leads via ebay and etsy, though I may take a crack at trying to paint the emblem it comes with and reattach.

Alright, been a while since I posted originally. Received the suit and removed the OEM emblem. Fit is pretty good, I think I'm taller than the size of the suit is designed for so I'll need to take in the shoulders to help it keep from stretching down too far. I also purchased a urethane emblem from RevDesign on Etsy, very satisfied with that. Looking for input on those with experience attaching/gluing the emblem and sourcing gluing soles for the bottom of the suit. I've not done a zentai/one-piece costume like this before and want to get it right the first time. Any input from those who have would be greatly appreciated.

Suit finished awhile ago. Here's a pic of the Mrs. and I at a small con back in early April we used a dry run for these costumes. Overall, pretty happy how it turned out, Shoe-goo and Loctite got the emblem on no problem. Soles from cannibalized Speedo water shoes, worked really well, would get a size smaller if I was doing it again, though. Some minor sewing on the cape ends and taking in the shoulders did well keeping the chest stretched and in the right place. I'm really too tall for the small but mediums were impossible to find and I think would've been too baggy through the torso. The emblem from RevDesign really makes it pop.

IMG_2967.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2967.JPG
    IMG_2967.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 184
There's a website called Custom Costumes that makes the all the suit trim/armour parts for the Man of Steel suit, you should check them out for a further upgrade.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back