Darth Vader's Rogue One Lightsaber

But, aside from this comparision ..... unless we find evidence that there were real MPP shrouds made from steel (and able to rust), this shroud may be the used one, but no proof it was a real MPP.

You guys should check out Roy's, wannawanga shroud thread. Some shrouds were apparently made out of aluminum, and some steel.

You guys should check out Roy's, wannawanga shroud thread. Some shrouds were apparently made out of aluminum, and some steel.

The material of the original shrouds is neither here nor there for the purposes of this discussion. The point I was making with the comparison is that the tells on an oriignal MPP shround show that the Rogue one prop was not made from an original MPP

...you mean a picture of the prop in the R1 visual guide... ;)

Still doesn't confirm to moi that this is what was used in the movie. Given that we never see it as a belt hanger, it's possible it was just a stunt blade and nothing more.

I wonder if that means that when the 501st sets CRL'S on this suit they will probably set the lightsaber in the "optional" section..

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Found a pics of a supposed deleted scene on the interweb...

15591203_10154264857307615_7264518684103072845_o.jpg

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1482300626681.jpg
    FB_IMG_1482300626681.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 330
I just got back from seeing RO again. I watched carefully when Vader appeared near the end, and it did look like the grips did NOT go all the way to the clamp. Can't swear to that, and it was less than a second that you could even see it. This probably won't be definitely answered until Blu Ray.

In which scenes did you see his saber being used? I might be able to provide a screen shot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't want to be a party pooper-- but I feel really hinky if we start posting and supporting pirated material.

As for the deleted scene pic-- long grips! Even if it's not a true ANH model, at least they were aiming for it.

I don't want to be a party pooper-- but I feel really hinky if we start posting and supporting pirated material.

As for the deleted scene pic-- long grips! Even if it's not a true ANH model, at least they were aiming for it.

Yes :thumbsup

Its my eyes or like me you saw a hint of silver in the clamp area?

Oh by the way the delete scene is not from pirate material ;)

As I said before for TFA ... Foodles Co. were adamant on getting real vintage G R A F L E X flashguns for their productions and thus purchased a real vintage MPP, which as I was told was send to Pinewood Studios in California to be converted and probably and most likely to be scanned as well for reproductions/stunt versions etcetera although that is mere speculation from my source . . . and I quote :

'After purchase by Foodles the vintage MPP was approved by and provided (temporarily I believe) to a company located at Pinewood studios that specializes in 3D imaging. I know this because my emails and their communications were attached.'

MPP send via Pinewood Studio's California to MASTERIMAGE 3D :

IMG_2147_zpszdlungte.jpg

IMG_2146_zpsggvpp1cl.jpg

Chaïm

As I said before for TFA ... Foodles Co. were adamant on getting real vintage G R A F L E X flashguns for their productions and thus purchased a real vintage MPP, which as I was told was send to Pinewood Studios in California to be converted and probably and most likely to be scanned as well for reproductions/stunt versions etcetera although that is mere speculation from my source . . . and I quote :

'After purchase by Foodles the vintage MPP was approved by and provided (temporarily I believe) to a company located at Pinewood studios that specializes in 3D imaging. I know this because my emails and their communications were attached.'

MPP send via Pinewood Studio's California to MASTERIMAGE 3D :

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/IMG_2147_zpszdlungte.jpg

http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/zz258/Sym-Cha/IMG_2146_zpsggvpp1cl.jpg

Chaïm

Thanks for sharing :$

Re: Dearth Vader's Rogue One Lightsaber

The saber looks beautiful, but was there ever a version where the T-Tracks didn't go down to the end of the hilt?

None that I'm aware of, that's only to be abble to better unscrew the pommel for servicing the saber ;)

Reading through this thread I am honestly surprised they didn't just use a Black Series for the massacre scene at the end since it was a reshoot and they probably didn't have much time.

I found this shot in the Blu-Ray bonus features. It was taken while filming the scene with Krennic on Mustafar.
60B78DAF-70BD-4480-92F1-C896EB086E62.jpeg

Last edited:
Oy, why did they put rust on it...that only happened to the prop during years in storage. And certainly never on the midband, which is plastic.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back