Titanfall MCOR Pilot - Costume and Equipment with 3d print downloads

Great looking stuff! I keep getting blown away by your progress.

Are you planning on releasing the jump kits as a download on your blog? if not I'd be interested in the diameter of the main body vs. the vents so I can do up my own.

Great looking stuff! I keep getting blown away by your progress.

Are you planning on releasing the jump kits as a download on your blog? if not I'd be interested in the diameter of the main body vs. the vents so I can do up my own.

I will release them once I've double-checked their operability. I make changes to the designs as I go if things don't look right. In the jump kit's case, I was increasing the hatch size so I could put a bigger battery in.

I will release them once I've double-checked their operability. I make changes to the designs as I go if things don't look right. In the jump kit's case, I was increasing the hatch size so I could put a bigger battery in.

Are yall talking about the fanny pack with the rockets? If so, please put up a picture, I would love to see what you got so far. That is one of the most elusive parts of this outfit.

Side note...Noticed you are a Mad Max fan....this is my little brother Member TrapperBlu's Immortian Joe costume.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240451&page=47

Last edited:
Side note...Noticed you are a Mad Max fan....this is my little brother Member TrapperBlu's Immortian Joe costume.

https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=240451&page=47
TrapperBlu has got some good stuff in there, and I know he was part of the initial discussion while everyone was figuring out parts of the costume. I'd say it's a small world, but since we're all on TheRPF anyway I don't feel like it counts. :lol

I’ve got a lot of updates to add, but my time to do so has been limited by my day job, so I’m going to start with a quick and easy one covering something simple. A few days ago, someone e-mailed me asking if I had an available knife sheath for the Data Knife designs I’ve shared. Weirdly, I hadn’t given it much thought… which was something I definitely had to change if I was ever going to do a titanfall cosplay. Time for a bit of 3D modeling!

o02Kwp7l.jpg

8PN9BJUl.jpg

5f5jzc9l.jpg

I will readily confess this model was done in quick-and-dirty style by referencing Jack Cooper’s model from Titanfall 2 for the approximate shape and size. I essentially blocked out most of the knife dimensions and simply subtracted them from the sheath I modeled to get a snug fit on the inside. I have zero expectations that this will work for any other data knife than the ones I produce, and even those might have a bit of variation from knife-to-knife such that the fit might be a little tight. Still, someone might find this useful, and the ultimate product seems pretty decent:

eTtOiFpl.jpg

0maXXLrl.jpg

oT8xfSKl.jpg

In the interest of not spending a ton of time on this, I didn’t do a whole lot of post-processing to the print. I actually didn’t bother sanding it at all. I gave it a quick coat of Dupli-Color Truck Bed Coating, let it dry, then hit it with Plasti Dip Black Rubber Spray to try and emulate the sort of finish I saw on a lot of military sheaths. The end results could be a lot better, but even so, what I got for my trouble was not bad.

66A4DS4l.jpg

tszHD1Dl.jpg

8ZQbB96l.jpg

The loops on the back are designed to take 1″ wide nylon webbing. Some of the legitimate military hardware straps I had ended up being too thick, but I found a roll of material that was essentially backpack strap fabric that seemed to work fairly well under the circumstances. The files are available on my site for anyone who wants to give them a try.

Attachments

• o02Kwp7l.jpg
    o02Kwp7l.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 8PN9BJUl.jpg
    8PN9BJUl.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 85
  • 5f5jzc9l.jpg
    5f5jzc9l.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 74
  • eTtOiFpl.jpg
    eTtOiFpl.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 0maXXLrl.jpg
    0maXXLrl.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 81
  • oT8xfSKl.jpg
    oT8xfSKl.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 66A4DS4l.jpg
    66A4DS4l.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 81
  • tszHD1Dl.jpg
    tszHD1Dl.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 78
  • 8ZQbB96l.jpg
    8ZQbB96l.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited by a moderator:
bump, clicked on your blog link looking for STL's and found a dead end. any help would be appreciated, great work!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back