Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Name me a mainstream Disney movie that grossed 1 Billion $ found in Netflix.
Actually, most of the $1 billion list has been there. Pirates of the caribbean, LOTR, TFA, avengers, the dark Knight rises.

I'll bet that furious 7 will be there soon

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I think, at some point, people will just want to know what the theoretical alternate ending was. I don't care so much about deleted scenes. I just wanna know what the other version of the story was going to be. My guess is that Jyn survived, maybe with Cassian, but I don't know. I suspect it probably mirrors what you see as the missions in the Battlefront DLC for Scarif.

I think, at some point, people will just want to know what the theoretical alternate ending was. I don't care so much about deleted scenes. I just wanna know what the other version of the story was going to be. My guess is that Jyn survived, maybe with Cassian, but I don't know. I suspect it probably mirrors what you see as the missions in the Battlefront DLC for Scarif.

i too would love to know the first ending. even if it was given to us in a book or something...

I get the evolving edit thing, but there was still a work in progress at some watchable state in existence when they decided to do pickups. They could put chunks of that, no matter how technically unfinished they are, as bonus scenes. Okay, fine, there are no deleted scenes with completely new-to-us material. There are ALTERNATE ones, though! So they're a little bit of "seen it", a little bit of "new-to-us". Fine. Show us that. This isn't hard....

What advantage is there to Disney releasing the alternate footage? All it can possibly do is stir up nerd rage if a certain segment of the internet deems it superior to what was released theatrically. Once that bandwagon starts rolling, it'd be nothing but headaches for Disney. Less transparency with the fans means less headaches for the bigwigs. And what we don't know won't hurt us. Besides, won't hurt the movie's sales at all. Nobody's gonna pass on a disc over this issue.

I don't think I'm any iteration any of the characters survive. We have seen a sequence where Cassien is lying dead near a door by the beach and Tudyk is being filmed being gunned down as well.

I don't think I'm any iteration any of the characters survive. We have seen a sequence where Cassien is lying dead near a door by the beach and Tudyk is being filmed being gunned down as well.

Yeah, I saw that bit. I'm still curious because, apparently, at some stage, there was a theory that they'd write the story such that someone survived. I'm wondering how far into production they got before that changed. The changes from the trailer shots to the final product have, I think, led some people to believe that they filmed an alternate ending of some kind, which was then scrapped for the "Wild Bunch" approach.

That may not be the case, though. It could be that they storyboarded and started shooting a particular escape sequence before realizing that the pacing/energy wasn't working right, and needed to shift to a different approach, but where the end result ("Wild Bunch") was already the same. In that case, the ending where someone survived might've merely been conceptual and considered very early on, before being given the greenlight to kill everyone.

Yeah, I saw that bit. I'm still curious because, apparently, at some stage, there was a theory that they'd write the story such that someone survived. I'm wondering how far into production they got before that changed. The changes from the trailer shots to the final product have, I think, led some people to believe that they filmed an alternate ending of some kind, which was then scrapped for the "Wild Bunch" approach.

That may not be the case, though. It could be that they storyboarded and started shooting a particular escape sequence before realizing that the pacing/energy wasn't working right, and needed to shift to a different approach, but where the end result ("Wild Bunch") was already the same. In that case, the ending where someone survived might've merely been conceptual and considered very early on, before being given the greenlight to kill everyone.

I can recall Gareth saying in an interview that during pre-production they began pushing for an ending where all the characters perish but figured Disney would balk at that. When they didn't, and actually encouraged his team to tell the story the way they wanted, he went all in with the tragic ending.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back