Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

Has it been said yet that this would have been cooler if the two whills keepers were Kanan and zeb instead?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Has it been said yet that this would have been cooler if the two whills keepers were Kanan and zeb instead?

I think that Kanan and Ezra will disappear at some point to avoid the question of why no one else in the Rebellion ever said "Hey Luke, you should have seen these other two Jedi that were hanging around for a while."

I think that Kanan and Ezra will disappear at some point to avoid the question of why no one else in the Rebellion ever said "Hey Luke, you should have seen these other two Jedi that were hanging around for a while."
It's the only possible outcome. The only 2 characters who are confirmed to survive, at least *until* the Battle of Scarif, are Hera and Chopper. And since nothing is known about their fate at the *outcome* of the battle (at least not that I know of) we don't even know if *they* survive R1.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There's a lot i like about Rogue One, but some things i really don't like.......

i didn't like the U Wing.....the design, how out of place it felt....yuk...

The OH-SO-obvious Vietnam war style outfits and accessories, like the helmets with the cigarette style little tubes in the bands etc ....it made me cringe as it was so overt.

The ridiculous Walkers.....obviously trying to play on nostalgia, but these tweaked AT-AT's served no function....what is the point in a giant container that high up???

K2 was never as funny or sassy as i was led to believe in the pre-release hype....i was so disappointed....

The totally James Earl Jones voice coming from Vader......it just didn't sound like Vader AT ALL......

The ROTJ Scout Walker.....this is a bit biased, but i REALLY think they should have gone with the ESB version.....

There seemed to be an awful lot of cargo haulers going to and from Jedha...just how much Kyber was on that planet????????

Saw Gerrera....i couldn't tell if he was insane, a junkie or what......kind of a wasted character.....

There's probably more......like how Galen Erso is almost always wet.....

Rich

They will have to do something. But I feel like there was an opportunity here. Those two guys filled the exact same role that Kanan and zeb would have. But they had barely any character.

We could have seen a blind Kanan with very diminished powers. So that we know SOMETHING happened to him. And that at this point, zeb is acting as his keeper.

There's a lot i like about Rogue One, but some things i really don't like.......

i didn't like the U Wing.....the design, how out of place it felt....yuk...

The OH-SO-obvious Vietnam war style outfits and accessories, like the helmets with the cigarette style little tubes in the bands etc ....it made me cringe as it was so overt.

The ridiculous Walkers.....obviously trying to play on nostalgia, but these tweaked AT-AT's served no function....what is the point in a giant container that high up???

K2 was never as funny or sassy as i was led to believe in the pre-release hype....i was so disappointed....

The totally James Earl Jones voice coming from Vader......it just didn't sound like Vader AT ALL......

The ROTJ Scout Walker.....this is a bit biased, but i REALLY think they should have gone with the ESB version.....

There seemed to be an awful lot of cargo haulers going to and from Jedha...just how much Kyber was on that planet????????

Saw Gerrera....i couldn't tell if he was insane, a junkie or what......kind of a wasted character.....

There's probably more......like how Galen Erso is almost always wet.....

Rich

I actually loved the Vietnam war inspired Rebel uniforms. However, I would have preferred if those soldiers were featured more heavily for a larger chunk of the film. We were originally promised a gritty war film and only got a taste of what that could have been in the final act...

The AT-ACT's bothered me too - why would the Empire's primary security facility ever need massive cargo walkers with huge cargo crates? Standard AT-AT's I would understand, but cargo transports? It's not a construction planet...

As for the cargo shuttles above Jedha...that has always bothered me. They claim they're transporting the Kyber crystals, but there's no way there's enough for MULTIPLE large cargo craft to be present.

The original AT-AT is ridiculous and not practical at all. The AT-ACT didn't bother me at all.

I don't think there really is an ESB AT-ST and a ROTJ AT-ST. It's supposed to be the same thing. They just threw it into ESB and fleshed it out a little more for ROTJ.

The original AT-AT is ridiculous and not practical at all. The AT-ACT didn't bother me at all.

I don't think there really is an ESB AT-ST and a ROTJ AT-ST. It's supposed to be the same thing. They just threw it into ESB and fleshed it out a little more for ROTJ.
The original walker was mechanical metaphor of offense. It was a wall of power slowly lumbering towards the rebel base. It was a Juggernaut.

The walker in rogue one served no purpose. What were they even doing there? Walking cargo around the island? Having a walker like that on security detail makes no sense either.

The AC-ACT makes perfect sense if you allow the AT-AT. It would be much cheaper for the Empire to just slightly alter a design for multi-purpose use.

The Empire had been mining Jeddha for kyber crystals for awhile so there were a lot of crystals there so it makes sense to have all the cargo vehicles.

The walker in rogue one served no purpose. What were they even doing there?

This is my guess...

UIeFuLk.jpg

Got the disc but like other new Star Wars there's very little re-watchability. By me or my kids.

I know what you mean. I had a mixed reaction when I saw it in the cinema. I borrowed the DVD from my library to see how it would fare on second viewing. All the problems I had with it stood out far more while the few enjoyable parts had already lost their luster. As much as I want to love these new Star Wars movies I have absolutely no desire to see them again. My reaction to TFA was even worse. I couldn't think of a single redeeming quality as I digested that creatively barren cash-in.

This is my guess...

http://i.imgur.com/UIeFuLk.jpg

I know what you mean. I had a mixed reaction when I saw it in the cinema. I borrowed the DVD from my library to see how it would fare on second viewing. All the problems I had with it stood out far more while the few enjoyable parts had already lost their luster. As much as I want to love these new Star Wars movies I have absolutely no desire to see them again. My reaction to TFA was even worse. I couldn't think of a single redeeming quality as I digested that creatively barren cash-in.
I totally agree. After I saw rogue one, I even let my dad down by telling him not to bother. But when he finally did, he thanked me for saving him the ticket cost.

I'm probably never going to buy those movies for myself.

Haven't really kept up with the general concencus if "we" like it or not...

But I watched it again last night with a few rums on the go on my projector and loved every second of it, and I mean that, every second.
Even the bits I hated in the cinema ("Borgulit! Borgulit?" And Vaders bloody cape). In fact those parts added that bit of relief rocky horror style :)

Haven't really kept up with the general concencus if "we" like it or not...

But I watched it again last night with a few rums on the go on my projector and loved every second of it, and I mean that, every second.
Even the bits I hated in the cinema ("Borgulit! Borgulit?" And Vaders bloody cape). In fact those parts added that bit of relief rocky horror style :)
You know? I fired it up last night too and shut it off 30 minutes in.

It just looked like high budget fan fic

Well it's clear there are choices now. Just like Batman or Star Trek. You can choose to embrace or reject
certain incarnations.

R1 was a more grown up Star Wars and it brought me back to the originals better than anything since.
I'm still sort of stunned they made it given the nature of the story, they took a risk.
JJ spawned Wars seems more for children to me and just repeating patterns, safe box office bet. No interest.

Last edited:
Still like it better than Episode 7. Don't have any interest in watching *major character* die over and over. Especially at the hands of such an EMO.
The biggest thing in R1 which could use an improvement is the music.

Still like it better than Episode 7. Don't have any interest in watching *major character* die over and over. Especially at the hands of such an EMO.
The biggest thing in R1 which could use an improvement is the music.
To me, they're on par.

They were both done hastily and with the same purpose

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back