Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (Post-release)

I went at midnight straight after my late shift at work so was a bit tired. I'm not sure if I imagined this or not, but

Did a load of the rebel ships take off into lightspeed and smash into the side of Vader's destroyer as it came out of lightspeed?

If it did cool. If I imagined it then they totally should've done that.

Loved it, especially seeing the ghost so early on at Yavin.

One or two little nitpicks.

Where did the TIE go from the trailer, the one when she was on the gantry?

Why when she shot the robot that looks like theres did it go down in one shot, but their robot took about 50 hits before he died?

But I can forgive them that for not forcing the two characters to kiss in the face of death, and just hold hands instead.

And bad ass Vader fight!

And the star destroyer fender bender!

I need to see it again.

...my only (slight) disapointment is that now my "wish" for Episode VIII to see Jyn Erso come out as Rey's mother will not come true...:-(

Where did the TIE go from the trailer, the one when she was on the gantry?

They wholesale changed the ending, originally the group in possession of the plans were being chased by the empire across the beaches. Not sure exactly what she had done immediately before the tie appeared, but she had a blaster in her hand. Someday perhaps we will see the footage or know the original ending.

They wholesale changed the ending, originally the group in possession of the plans were being chased by the empire across the beaches. Not sure exactly what she had done immediately before the tie appeared, but she had a blaster in her hand. Someday perhaps we will see the footage or know the original ending.
By all accounts they might have made the ending MORE gritty and dark diring the reshoots! ;)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Star Destroyer crash with the music score- a split second of tranquility!
Reminded me very much of the scene in Star Trek when Kirk Senior rams the Narada.
Almost beautiful!

Regarding the CGI-characters: My girlfriend didn't notice that they were CGI. She was very surprised to hear that. However, she may not be the kind of Star Wars fan that we are ;-)

For my part, I liked it. Sure, the effect will age, but it's a good try and I respect that. IMO better than changing to another actor.

Man I loved the space battles... Someone else has the impression that not only the perspectives but also the lighting etc was very close to Interstellar?

Need to watch it again...

Saw R1 this morning. Overall I really liked it but as someone as said already, it's not a movie you're going to walk out of feeling happy. Watching them all get picked off one by one is just too much. I mean sure, we all knew they they were going to die, but knowing it's likely to happen and watching it are different things!

I was also a little put off by Tarkin and Leia. Tarkin looked stunning when he was still, small things like facial expressions just weren't right though. I don't even know if I'd put him in uncanny valley as he didn't feel creepy, just not quite right. Leia just looked weird. I'd have kind of preferred they not show her face.

Saw R1 this morning. Overall I really liked it but as someone as said already, it's not a movie you're going to walk out of feeling happy. Watching them all get picked off one by one is just too much. I mean sure, we all knew they they were going to die, but knowing it's likely to happen and watching it are different things!

I was also a little put off by Tarkin and Leia. Tarkin looked stunning when he was still, small things like facial expressions just weren't right though. I don't even know if I'd put him in uncanny valley as he didn't feel creepy, just not quite right. Leia just looked weird. I'd have kind of preferred they not show her face.

Well, so much for avoiding spoilers lol

I tried so hard, and failed within hours of the film. Shame on me.

Great: Vadar, Blue X Wings, everyone dies. Stormtroopers and Imperial machines in the tropics

Good: All the stuff in the trailers they left out of the movie.

Bad: Music, 3PO, pacing, dialogue, acting, music, CGI characters.

SW movies at their best are corney, fun, fast, lose and dark all at the same time, think TFA, ESB and even RoTJ.

R1 is slightly better than the prequels...although it could have been worse, if Peter Jackson was involved it would have been 3 movies:lol

Ok, maybe I'm being thick here or I've totally missed something, but during the assault on the Imperial tank crew on Jedha, why does Cassian Andor shoot the rebel who's about to drop the grenade?

Well, so much for avoiding spoilers lol

I tried so hard, and failed within hours of the film. Shame on me.

Sorry, but it is the 'post release' thread about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, maybe I'm being thick here or I've totally missed something, but during the assault on the Imperial tank crew on Jedha, why does Cassian Andor shoot the rebel who's about to drop the grenade?

Because Jyn is sheltering next to the tank that he's about to blow up.

Sorry, but it is the 'post release' thread about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Jyn is sheltering next to the tank that he's about to blow up.

Of course! Thanks for clearing that up. There was so much going on, totally missed that one.
Told you I was being thick!!!

Alright, just came back from the theatre. What a great movie! Not a classic but really well done. I loved Vader in the Bacta tank, the cracking AT-ACT and the ISD being "shaved". And I saw THE GHOST! She is there in at least two shots. Seeing Red Leader was a pure joy and K2-SO was a truly awesome character. However, the 3D was not that good. Everything was pretty flat. No "pop-outs" at all, not even the landscapes. The scene with Krennic and Vader was particularly bad because Vader was kinda super-imposed by the bright background when he left the scene. The 3D of TFA & Dr Strange was way better. Dunno if it was due to the copy or the theatre but I suppose the conversion was just bad. Nevertheless 2 hours of precious lifetime well spent. :)

The Score in R1 was pretty empty, it needed more - it really makes you realise how much Williams actually adds to Star Wars.
TFA score positively shines with nuance and purposeful themes next to the R1 score.

The Score in R1 was pretty empty, it needed more - it really makes you realise how much Williams actually adds to Star Wars.
TFA score positively shines with nuance and purposeful themes next to the R1 score.

In the time he had to do it, I thought he did a great job,....very Star Wars '77 to me......kettle drums & all

J

- - - Updated - - -

I can see why some have problems with Tarkin & Leia ,.... but it really wasn't that bad,.....they did look synthetic,....but the film was better with their inclusion

J

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back